or Connect

Posts by dan'l

@minimalko, nice first post and welcome to the forum! Would you like to share some photos of your shoes with us?
I had this made up last year:Fairly happy with it, though only wore it a few times since I had it made mid-summer.
No, it is a clothing brush, but I realize that a lot of shoe brushes are also made of horsehair (have those too). I bought it in Japan, at Mitsukoshi, if memory serves.
Ah, but the question should be which model!
@stephenaf2003, thanks for sharing your pics. Did you have a custom last made followed by a test shoe, or did they just measure your feet and send you your shoes a few weeks later?
I was unsure of the pic you posted and played a bit of "Where's Waldo" trying to figure out if something was wrong, especially when it was prefaced by the sentence "Or whipping the upper to the insole." Sorry, I just don't understand what that means! I think I need to do some more research about shoemaking. It seems each time I see pictures or read descriptions about the various steps, it is hard for me to visualize the exact steps of creating the holdfast, welting,...
Please indulge a noob, but if I understand the above pic clearly, it shoes the upper sewn directly to the insole, which would make future replacement of the sole difficult, correct?Oh, this totally makes sense! Thank you for that. Seems like such a simple explanation, but it did not even occur to me when I pondered the differences.
Thanks for the link! Indeed, taking proper "selfies" is easier said than done.
^ I won't say anything about the fit, as there are more qualified members to make comments. But I really like the cloth. Do you have details on the weight and composition? I've been looking for something similar, now that the brown Moonbeam I had in mind has been discontinued.
When I was searching for my first "real" watch, I naively thought one would be enough, so I sought out something with a date. It is quite handy to have this feature if you wear only one watch. But as my collection started to grow, I found myself drawn to watches without a date, merely for the fact that I do not have to set the date after not having worn the watch for some time. This is also why I like hand-wound watches - it somehow doesn't seem right to manually wind...