or Connect

Posts by dan'l

Brilliant, just what I was looking for! Thanks.
I tried to search this thread, but couldn't find an answer to my question, so here it goes: the Balmoral boot on Carmina's Website is on the Forest last, but Skoaktiebolaget offers some versions of the Balmoral on the Robert last. So, what's the difference between the two lasts? I have a pair of suede Oxfords on the Robert last and they fit quite well. Will the Famous Balmoral boots (in leather) have a similar fit, or will the leather construction (and the fact it's a...
I think the shawl lapel DB is really cool and haven't seen too many examples. Personally, I'd skip the belt, though, since I thought the point of a wrap-around overcoat w/belt was to forgo the buttons.
That's a great coat!It looks like your tailor has a strip of the overcoat cloth hanging around his neck - is he planning to make a belt with it?
Thanks for the write up! What do you guys mean by "half-peak" lapels? I actually like the peak lapels on the finished suits (though hard to judge the overall effect, since we can see only a close-up).
[[SPOILER]] I've been regularly reading this thread for the past two years and think this is only my second post. Anyways, posting now, since I had a similar experience to NonServiam.I bought a Reverso GT 2.5 years ago, registered it and waited, hoping to get the free gift JLC mentioned on the registration card. After a year, I sent them an e-mail to ask if they had lost my registration details, but no reply, except the standard spam e-mails from them. I finally decided...
Thank you for posting the pics. Do you know if the custom-made price includes the cost of a custom last, or does Attila not make custom lasts?
Now that winter is just around the corner, you guys have any updates? This thread has been quiet and I'm looking for inspiration!
Braddock, has this been finished? It looks like a double-breasted shawl lapel overcoat and I'm curious how it turned out.
I second the question. I'm also looking for a brown herringbone for an overcoat and was thinking about this one from Fox:http://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/prod/350/west-of-england-coating/fox-tonedale-herringboneI think the "bones" might be a bit too obvious and hence think the Harrisons might be more suitable.