or Connect

Posts by Clovis Sangrail

Spoo, your Friday outfit, even by your exemplary standars, was superb. I have seen many complement you on your excellent fits, but what impresses me more is that you mix a variety of different brands into a distinct style. I was particularly impressed with your single pleated Gieves navy suit the other day, a brand that I have always considered somewhat old fashioned and not that well cut, but which looked magnificent and which I would not have expected you to own. Could...
I remember when this thread was about clothing.
Altogether elsewhere, vast Herds of reindeer move across Miles and miles of golden moss, Silently and very fast. Sadly, the answer is probably correct that you can wear anything. As a mark of respect to the musicians, and to yourself, you should wear a "California Tuxedo" as described above. If you are here and asking for advice I suggest it is because you feel a deep, and entirely justified, unease about what you have proposed. In the interests of administering a...
Provided your wife's lack of understanding is because she is unable to comprehend you being able to pay that much for a suit, rather than not being able to afford that suit then I think you made the right decision. A while ago I actually implemented a "no-sale" policy because I found myself being tempted to buy stuff that was almost, but not quite perfect, as it was on sale - and then being unhappy with it. Buying things you love, that are exactly right, is cheap,...
@Citan1145 I completely agree that the personalities make the site. Apropos your later points. First, sometimes it is magnificent to dress perfectly. To dress up, so to speak. Second, and abusing the license to digress onto other topics which you have extended... it is actually surprising how homogenous a lot of the dressing is here for men and women, a more limited clothing palette, more formal, more dark colours, slimmer. Irrespective of that, there is a certain...
Post a pic.....after spending the last few months living in Paris, I really feel as though the art of looking stylish is pretty simple skinny navy pants or suit, a white shirt, some kind of a scarf, a trench with the belt done up at the back, well polished old brown shoes, usually a gaulloise dangling from lip or hand, hair disheveled, and clothes not quite perfect at all, but to carry yourself with complete self-possession. This has somewhat undermined this thread for...
I remember when this thread was about clothes...another way of saying I remember when this thread was interesting.
Anyone, anyone, Bueller........
Dear SFers, I am in Paris for the next few months living near the intersection of Boulevard Raspail and Rue de Vaugirard in the Sixth. Does anyone have any recommendations for good Parisian consignment stores (Dépot-ventes) for men worth checking out whilst I am here? Thanks. Regards, Clovis
Dry cleaner - Bankcroft's in Toorak Road are excellent. Expensive but excellent.