or Connect

Posts by alco

A little off topic but would you know of a place in Hong Kong that sells suit buttons? Need to change some of my OTR suit buttons and doubt if tailors would sell just their buttons to me.
Would these have an inner lining similar to Swims or the material inside is the same as the outside?
For those who have a pair of Unlined Chukkas in the Leydon last, do you use a smaller sized shoe tree? When I try to put the same size shoe tree as the Chukka, I feel it getting stretched?
nice work! hope you can convince him to accept alterations from other people who aren't his clients or haven't had stuff made from him. I've tried numerous alterations/ tailors and they've all murdered my sleeves!
How's the lapel width? From pics I see on ebay, it looks skinny?
^Thanks for the info! For those with experience with their spread/ cutaway collars, do these come with removable collar stays?
Was browsing the site and interested in getting some oxford shirts but couldn't tell the difference between the normal oxford and the pinpoint oxford? Pictures (blue oxford) show the normal oxford to be lighter in color but that could just be the lighting? Anyone know if there are major difference between the two?
Are there places to get some horn buttons for suits in Manila?
Curious to know as well, please keep us posted
Since most (or all?) of the jackets have working buttonholes, does anyone have experience with letting their in-house tailors shorten the sleeves via the shoulder? or can they only do minimal shortening from the sleeve opening? I'm a bit concerned that the overall finish won't be as nice if let's say you buy a La Spalla model then have it shortened via the shoulders.