or Connect

Posts by bullswin

The new site feels heavy and slow. Perhaps some bugs are still being resolved, and there are surely major improvements with the new site (some usability, design, web technologies/architecture). However, on the Web, nothing trumps speed (and being lightweight).
Bump for a good seller. Got my shirt last week.
They seem to randomly insert "buttoned cuffs" into the product description of sport coats. In some cases, you can see in the close-up images that the buttons are actually functional. But it also seems as though they'll include "buttoned cuffs" within the description of the vast majority (e.g., 80%) of sport coats and suits. Their shipping and return policies are good, so I'd recommend rolling the dice.
PM sent on #4.
I have a hypothetical question... Assume you've figured out your optimal jacket length (e.g., 30"). Let's say you're given the option of two sport coats -- one is an inch shorter than your optimal length (e.g., 29") and one is an inch longer than your optimal length (e.g., 31"). Assume having the length altered is not an option and you have to choose one of the two (all else constant). Which do you choose? or, given this hypothetical, do you choose neither 100%...
I just got my first pair. I'm usually a 32" or 33" pant size (e.g., 33" in most BB pants), and HY's 32" fit me perfectly (I might need to let them out about a half inch in the waist). They are definitely on the slim side, but if you're between sizes, you might want try one or two sizes, as I think their shipping and return policies are pretty good.
Very good experience with two sellers -- BrianVarick and pridv. Initial communication, shipping, and receiving items took just four days from start to finish. Also... good experience with Fraiche... good buyer.
I recently bought a really great pair of Alberto Fasciani shoes (supposedly handmade; within the site's fall-winter collection), but now that brand appears to be totally gone from the US site.
PM'd on the BBBF OCBDs.
Update and price drop.