or Connect

Posts by bullswin

got the natural duck canvas. thanks.
I have the 732 on the forest last (black cap toe oxford). It has a good amount of room in the forefoot and toe area (although, it's perhaps the shortest/stubbiest of Carmina's common lasts). I'd imagine it should work well for you.
Received two new pairs of black cap toes this week: Herring's Charles II -- built on Alfred Sargent's 109 last, these have a wonderful narrow waist. (approx. $370 shipped.) Yanko -- on their 915 last. Below is my post from the Yanko thread. (approx. $270 shipped.) I received my first pair of Yanko shoes. Ordered from shoeparadis and shoes were delivered about ten days after order placed (DHL to US). I'm really impressed by the 915 last. It makes sense why...
^ Yup, I read the website copy. Just wasn't sure whether these are 100% identical in sizing or if they lean a small percentage in one direction (smaller, bigger) relative to the tennis trainers.
Mike/Dylan -- can you share a bit of additional sizing advice on the new sport trainers?I love your tennis trainers, but I'm basically exactly between sizes with them (e.g., size 8 is a hair too tight in the toe area; I wear 8.5 with the tennis trainers, but they're about a quarter size too big all around). If that's the case, which direction should I go with the sport trainers?
I received my first pair of Yanko shoes. Ordered from shoeparadis and shoes were delivered about ten days after order placed (DHL to US). I'm really impressed by the 915 last. It makes sense why Skolyx carries so many models on the last (looking forward to placing my next order with them). The fit seems tts -- relatively narrow, but a decent amount of roominess all around (fairly narrow in the heel and waist, but fairly roomy in lacing, vamp, and toe areas). Regarding...
I picked up a couple Scott and Charters crewnecks as well. One was 100% cashmere with a $458 original price for $59.
^ Good suggestions. With the $175 trousers, I'd buy a few in any medium to dark grey shades (year round to winter weight wool). Also... I noticed the current charcoals aren't carried in a size 33. Will this change in the future? Thanks.
Mike -- I see the new tennis trainers are up. Edit -- nvm.
Are those Carminas on the Forest last?