or Connect

Posts by Dragonfly

Hey guys, Some of you John Varvatos clothing fan probably would've already known this, but there's a sample sale going on in New York right now: John Varvatos--Designer Men's Apparel Sale Leading men will find exclusive designer merchandise, including sportswear, footwear, outerwear, tailored clothing and accessories, at up to 75 percent off retail. Find luxe cashmere, leather and shearlings in nearly all sizes. Suits originally priced $1,195 to $1,495 are now $499;...
Hey J, What's important is that you fixed it man... thanks for a great job... Cheers.
Hey Mike C., I was looking for Energie jeans too in NY.. but couldn't find them... Last time I got them was in Boston, and a friend of mine got them in SF... it kinda sucks I still couldn't find them here..
great tips guys..
great tips guys..
Hey Mike C. I haven't been to one yet in the city, but I've heard good reviews for Nickel and SkinCareLab. Both have services tailored for men. I'm not sure if they have websites, but you probably can check them out first in the Internet.
hey thc.. thanks for the suggestion.. I'm actually familiar with Loewe (from Spain).. I used to live in Europe for a while back.. so I know they make good leather accessories...for some reason, I haven't really seen them a lot in NYC though.. As for the other brands you mentioned, I guess I'll check them out soon... Another brand that I'm also thinking is this Italian brand, A. Testoni, that makes exclusive leather products,i.e. shoes, briefcase, etc...
Hey fratstud.. have you tried hair thickening spray from Kiehl?. a friend of mine use it and he said it helps in adding volume to the hair...
I agree with thc and DallasBoy..I think Jack Spade's messenger bag are pretty great.. I know some of their lines are ubiquitous as LA guy said... but I have one and it's comfortable and nice for a casual look... Another bag I use is this Prada laptop bag.. fits well, sturdy etc etc... but I'm thinkin about a more nice leather briefcase that's not too big/bulky.. I don't want to look too old if you know what I mean I heard Ferragamo has nice ones.. and Prada/Gucci have...
As an intern, you should definitely follow the dress code... I don't know what group are you interning in...either in their branch offices or in the NY headquarters... but I think Merill Lynch is still business casual these days.. I know even some friends in Merrill I-banking are still in business casual.. but of course it depends if you meet clients for example.. then you might have to wear business suits etc...