or Connect

Posts by milw50717

I have variously used Obenaufs oil, Obenaufs HDLP and Lexol conditioner to treat the leather on my bags.
I actually wore mine yesterday in torrential rain and there were no problems with water ingress from the sole or elsewhere.
The scoring tip I picked up from the the military way back when, but I don't personally like to do it preferring the Topy's for their increased grip and lower cost of replacement compared to a new sole.I'd be happy to Topy any of my shoes and boots, but I don't really have anything fancy by way of leather on the soles.
Not a problem for me and I can't recall any such posts in this thread.
You could score the leather sole with a knife or key.Alternatively, look at getting some Topys (a thin rubber sole) applied. Cheap and easy to apply and replace once worn through.
I have used it many times. Apply it when you want your boots to be water resistant-proof. Be sure to wipe off any excess and then after a few days hit with polish if you want some shine, otherwise burnish with a brush
Or use tried and trusted products in the correct manner.
A new store in San Francisco ... ... I need to hide my wallet.
Obenaufs LP
Sam rules as for shoes really. There is no absolute need to so, but there is no harm in doing so.