or Connect

Posts by milw50717

So, is iDoc the only SF member to pick up a Filson x Magnum camera bag ? What are the thoughts on them ?
Nice and quite affordable compared to the Hasselblad kit. I'm trying to avoid going MF as I'd then need another Filson (camera) bag larger than the 232.For anyone looking at picking up the ancient art of 35mm photography, start out with a simple and cheap camera - OM-1/2N (or similar) + 50mm f1.8 - and learn to develop your own B&W film - Patterson tank + Rodinal/Adonal stand development gets my vote - and use a scanner to digitise the negatives on to your computer. Only...
Mass generalisation alert, but having experience of Barbour (UK and NZ manufacturer) + Filson (US manufacturer) + Dryazabone (Australia) I have to say there is no real difference between the smell of waxed canvas across countries.The quality and, err smell, of waxed canvas is going to depend on two main things - the quality of the canvas and the quality and type of materials used to impregnate it. This can vary greatly by manufacturer and, hopefully, little between batches...
I have fat fingers, so everything is a pain on that camera. You get used to zone focusing pretty quickly. It's a fun little thing though and certainly better than lugging around the F5.Chemung Mine, just north of Mono Lake
Just had a quick look and there are quite a few chisel toe boots. No idea why the 059 does not appear on this page. http://www.blundstone.com/us/chisel-toe-boots
It will restore a shine and cover slight scuffs, bit not to the same extent as a polish that contains a coloured dye close to the colour of the leather.
How about using a neutral or clear polish?
Looks like the foam separated. If there is some loose foam you may want to remove that before applying the glue. FYI Gorilla glue expands as it cures - 3 to 4 times the amount applied. Be sure to weigh the pad down evenly to ensure it penetrates both surfaces.
Blundstone style 059 is a dressier looking boot with square chiseled toe and less chunky sole.Why not get a heavy boot for the commute and leave the dress shoes/boots at work, changing at the start and end of the day?
Hmm maybe not as the strap doesn't attach at the sides.