or Connect

Posts by milw50717

Sam rules as for shoes really. There is no absolute need to so, but there is no harm in doing so.
JR soles are high end, so see if they do a cheaper alternative. Consider also looking for other cobblers to see what price they charge. The last pair of leather soled boots I had resoled was around $80 which included new heels. Once resoled think about getting a Topy thin rubber sole applied over the leather. These usually run around $40 and are hard wearing and cheaper to replace than a full leather resole.
Not a common problem methinks. Maybe contact Wolverine to see what they have say about the situation.Wolverine 1Ks can indeed by resoled with a commando sole. Have a look back through this thread and you will find examples.
With just 5 bags, I feel relatively normal
I have used other scotchguard products on my briefcases without problems.
Filson do not offer rewaxing of their twill luggage. I only rewax the informal bags, the formal briefcase get sprayed with Scotchguard.My 232 has been rewaxed a couple of times now and there is some sheen where the bag repeatedly rubs against itself and other things, which I can see some people not liking. On the other hand rewaxing does help darken the faded material and does help with water repellency.
There are many styles of boots that come in different shapes - toe shape could be important for you. Additionally, look for a boot that comes in the wider "H" fitting.
You could apply some conditioner or boot oil to the leather just in case it is a little dry. There is absolutely no harm in polishing the boots before wear.There are many brands of insoles out there -. FWIW I mainly use Dr Scholl's and superfeet - so take a trip down to a local stockist and see what you think will work.
Yep, Thanks for the link
Are there any other pages available as scans ?I'd be interested in seeing any older catalogues.Thanks