or Connect

Posts by milw50717

They will likely be just fine for a good few years. Too much neatsfoot oil could overly soften the leather, so you may end up with a flaccid bull penis leather look.
http://www.mirrco.com.sg/ ?I'm sitting on the fence with Lexol at the moment. I have been using it for a while and I'm beginning to think it dries the leather out. I know that it is an emulsion and you do end with a dry finish, but I now seem to be applying a layer of Obenaufs after the lexol to have a bit of wetness left in the leather.
Try re-oiling and using a soft brush, it may help remove the shine.Regular conditioning is going to be the most important thing you can do for your boots. Invest in a supply of something like Obenaufs, Venetian, Filson, Montana Pitch Blend, etc. Some folks will just condition and buff with a soft brush, not polishing their boots at all. It sounds as if you have oil, so you are likely set on this front, try just buffing and see how you like the finish.There really is no...
I suspect that their condition is the desired festival aesthetic.I'd also suspect that they have been worn more than 20 times and then maybe for extended durations. Tramping around in mud and dust will soon suck the life and shape out of leather. They will clean up just fine. Get all the dust and mud out of the creases, apply lots of conditioner, a quick polish and they will look a whole lot better.Where are the 'after' pictures ?
Ebay can be a funny place. Sometimes you to wait and wait for things to sell at what you think is a reasonable price. You can look at the ended auctions that have sold and price your item at what you think is an attractive price that will be snapped up quickly, only to find that it sits on there forever. Best thing to do is, as you have done, put up good quality pictures and then wait.Same is true of places like CL. Ignore the lowballers and just keep relisting.
I don't believe that kiwi product is the most highly regarded amongst the shoe care community, but it will not instantly destroy your boots. Personally, I wouldn't use it, but feel free to use it and report back on the results.
No need to re-snoseal unless you are going to be seeing a lot of rain. No real way of removing existing snoseal. Just condition, Filson oil alone should be OK.
Good to hear that Revolve sorted you out.FWIW a decent cobbler (or other leather worker) could likely have replaced that section of leather. It really is just a bit of leather cut into shape, folded over for the D ring and then stitched into place. The hardest thing would have been to find matching leather.Reminds me to condition all the leather on my bags.
You need to watch this film.
Sorry, I'm across the pond. Get on the dog and give them a call.