or Connect

Posts by milw50717

Why would a thicker sole adhere any better ?Try another cobbler.
Oh, hey maybe they are real workboots now.
It's like Christmas, it gets earlier every year !The Jimmy Jazz site has other filson luggage - rucksack, rolling carry on - on sale, none of which can seemingly be found via a search of 'filson'. I see it in the scrollable 'recommended' items, but not via a search.Edit - The briefcase is OOS.
So those boots are less than 6 months old ? Wow. Not knocking your choice of footwear, but to be honest I would have thought that a good pair of wellies or some, *cough*, real work boots would be better/cheaper in the long run.
Link broke .. attempting fix ...
Just makes me wonder if it is more about the pad slipping, rather than anything else.
The weird thing is that the complaint is about the pad and not the strap.
Consider putting topy (or similar) rubber coverings on the soles. Will provide better grip, plus easier and cheaper to replace than leather soles.
Sounds as if it could just be the Navy material, in which case it could be alternate materials -and/or ways of measuring and coming up with the same oz weight figure. Next time someone is in a Filson store, maybe they could ask a question.
BTW Where on the bags are you comparing the material as there may be inherent differences in the construction of the 256 and 257 ? It would be better to compare new and old 256 bags. FWIW - I have just done a quick finger test on my 256 and 257 bags and they feel about the same thickness. Both bags have 'might as well have the best' tags.