or Connect

Posts by milw50717

If you search this thread you will find that some have encountered this issue and other have not. Common responses are 'find a different cobbler' or 'use a different adhesive'.Is it a really heavy sole or a light, thin one ?My formula has always been to wear a new boot/shoe for a few weeks to get some wear on them (and possibly to leach out any leather oil from the sole, although this is not something I think of) and then to take them to get Topy'd.
Looking at images on the internet can be confusing as there are a lot of variables - what was the lighting in the images used, was the camera meter calibrated - 18% grey or ANSI, was any post processing performed, is your monitor correctly calibrated, etc. Roll into that such things as there will always be variations in the way leather accepts dyes and your perception of colour is subjective and differs from others, and it all becomes a crapshoot.In my experience the brown...
and a non-date sub
The problem of a sliding shoulder strap pad is, unfortunately, well known in these parts. The original pad was a simple one piece of leather as can be seen in this post - http://www.styleforum.net/t/133759/filson-bag-thread-with-pictures/4185#post_7440912 - and in my experience does not slip as much as the newer, two piece pad. Looking at the two piece pad there is a layer of plastic foam and I can't help but think is somewhat responsible for the slipping. I wonder if it...
Reference or referral link and you wouldn't be getting a payment for that link would you ?Seems slightly disingenuous not to call it what it is.
Nice to see some well worn boots for a change.You cleaned them up yet, so we can see a before and after photo comparison ?
Relatively immediate discomfort is not good. Size up, such that you have the choice to wear different thicknesses of socks. Remember that your feet are going to swell a little bit through the day, so factor this in when determining how much to size up.
The heel pad can be glued back in place. Contact adhesive should work. You could always replace it with something that works better - gel, etc.
The $149.99 price has the words 'VIP Price' next to it. I'm guessing you need to create an account and be logged in to get that price. Did you create an account or use the express checkout that does not require you to create an account ?
There used to be an RWM store in NYC, but it closed earlier this year. It was meant to be reopening, but not sure if it has or not. Other than that I am not sure there is anything. I'm pretty sure that most folks in the US order their boots online from Australian sellers.