or Connect

Posts by milw50717

Found this on the Nordstrom blog - https://blogs.nordstrom.com/men/take-a-tour-of-filsons-factories-pop-innordstrom-new-classics/#more-35189.Some info of interest (or not):Two factories in Seattle and one in Idaho.Approximately 600 leather hides are delivered weeklythe current Seattle storefront will scoot a few blocks west, right beneath corporate headquarters (which also houses one of their three stateside factories).
Sebago X Filson bag ??
@bluechalkstripe - I see leather conditioner and shoe polish in your future I used Lexol cleaner and conditioner on mine, followed by neutral saphir to give it a nice sheen. The buckles appear to be silver coloured, but the removable strap are brass coloured, Is that a trick of the light ? Mine has all silver hardware except for the lock
That's pretty nice work. I think it makes quite a difference in the look over the padded versions. BTW That must be the cleanest 8 year old bag I have ever seen. Hand clean with a brush every few months ?
They are not a safety boot and it would be dangerous to use them as such. There are far better choices of footwear when heavy and sharp objects are being swung around.
Give Filson customer care a call and let us know what you discover.
Having the shoes reheeled may provide you with a harder wearing heel. As has been mentioned it should not be necessary to replace the entire, seek another cobbler. I have a pair of vintage Florsheims with a metal v-cleat in the heel and they can be interesting to wear - noise, slip risk, damage to flooring, etc. Having a more substantial tap on the heel would not be for me.
Rather hard for some of us to touch the two, so having measurements will enable us to compare to other pieces such as my eons old example
Break out the calipers and measure the new vs the old thickness
Just back from a road trip vacation that included a stop off in Portland. Stops at the Filson store and both Voodoo Doughnut locations are de rigueur on these occasions, so I'm happy to report that the Memphis Mafia fritters are as delectable as ever and that, while I didn't have a lot of time in the Filson store as they were closing, I really didn't notice any great decline in quality in the classic lines of bags. Rather foolishly I didn't look for the cheapening of some...