or Connect

Posts by milw50717

They can indeed be worn as a casual boot and IMHO they are not truly a heavy duty or winter boot.We may all have different opinions on what heavy duty is, but for me the construction is simply not that of a heavy duty boot They can be somewhat prepped for winter wear but are not insulated and by default come with a plain leather sole which can be a liability on a slick surface with that is wet or icy.
Yep, this is from an earlier emailshot
The Grassmere is a wide boot, even in the toe box. I always wear insoles and went with my true size.
Wow, that's sad to hear. I've always found them to be very helpful and courteous. I'll be back in the UK sometime this year and need to get a shoe resewn so I guess I'll find out their level of interest then.
Longer to account for shrinkage and so you can roll them up to get the perfect cuff just above the top of the boot
Google selvedge and raw denim and you'll be on your way
Is it not fun to breathe new life into things that others may discard ?
UK Stow vs US Scholl Size 10 UK Stow. Dr Scholl Massaging Gel Sport full length insoles trimmed to US size 12 Perfect fit.
Welcome to Styleforum.net
In my experience Tricker's are always an "interesting fit" especially if you are changing the thickness of socks. Adjusting with different thickness and lengths of insoles is all part and parcel of getting a comfortable fit. I just bought some Stows and am fitting some full length insoles for summer wear. and will likely switch to a half-length insole for the winter.