or Connect

Posts by milw50717

Of the 256 or 257 I would go with the larger 257 to have more room so as to help avoid creasing the jacket too much. Having said that a stock 256/257 may not be a good choice as they will tend to move around on the strap a lot even when worn across the body, which seems a safer thing to do when cycling. Taking off the leather pad or using a wider strap may help reduce this..
Of course. If you want to preserve the 'this is how they have aged and worn' look then a neutral polish will help do that. Obviously, there will be no colour pigments to hide blemishes and promote a deep shine, but a neutral polish will work for protection and shine.
This ?I'd be interested too
Another aspect is that the GTs are long and narrow in their fit. So, if you have a slightly wide foot, then you normal (brannock measured) size may be required to prevent toe jamb at the side of the boot - your little toe hitting the side of the boot can be a painful thing. As has been mentioned thicker socks and insoles can help take up any slack as well as being a comfort thing.
Some people refer to the hard kiwi polish as a paste to avoid confusion. The exact ingredients for a cream vs a paste are going to differ, but generally speaking a paste will have more waxes than a cream. The creams can be buffed to a dull shine, whereas the pastes can generally be buffed to a high sheen. For the needs of covering a light patch, then a cream is going to be fine. Matching colours is something of an art, but using lots of light layers will generally be...
I'm with dukerules, they will soon be discoloured as they gather dirt and dust from regular wear as well as polish from cleaning.
You sure that is red wing ? There looks to be a green label on the outer tongue of the right boot, which doesn't look right for a RW. Maybe a semi-circle Irish setter label from the 1990's, but where these on the outer side of the tongue ?
Obviously, you know your feet best, but I would have thought that if you have really flat feet you likely will need some form of an insert or insole. Inserts and inoles come in various lengths - full, half-length, heel pad, arch support pad, etc.
Sounds like you need an insole that provides arch support and some heel padding.Looking at the image that you have provided, you are lacing your boots loosel, which is not going to help at all with foot slip and movement.I would try some insoles and lacing your current boots tighter to see how they feel before buying any new boots or sizing down.
Local shops come in many flavours - the good, the bad and somewhere in between!There should be no reason that a good local cobbler, leather worker or similar could not repair the bag. However, finding a good local person to do the work is not always easy, so look for local rating and review sites and sources.