or Connect

Posts by bluesman528

Here you go: http://eu.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-grey-check-lazio-p3684/P3684,en,pd.html?start=1&cgid=SuitsYes, it's a seasonal suit, yes, perhaps it's not available in the US, I don't know, but it's a Lazio with 20% polyester. Face up to the facts: Poly blends are here to stay if we, the customers, continue to play it down, hey, it's okay, live and let live. We are the only ones who can change it, Suitsupply is a success story so far but it's still a relatively small...
You already analyzed that by yourself, you need less fabric under the buttocks. After that the pants will fall cleaner in the back. You need a good alteration tailor.This is something that should not happen when one is using bespoke or MTM services.
I was talking of 20% polyamide or polyester. The elastane example was not mine, it should only point out that there are certain amounts of man-made fibers acceptable in a cloth (what is true, but not a sign of a really good fabric).As long as the poly blends are restricted to a small percentage of their whole product range I would have no problem with that. But frankly I can't see that happen in the long run. Either the poly blends are not that commercially successful...
I don't like stretch fabrics (a suit should get well cut enough that the stretch feature is never needed) but 2 or 4% elasthan is generally okay. We are talking here about 20%.The point is, polyamide or polyester is not needed in any quality fabric. When it's there it is only for cost cutting reasons. Who cares if there are other fashion labels who use that, too? Suitsupply did not need it before and they do not need it now. I can see why Suitsupply is trying to use more...
I don't know what you are counting but I can count at least three jackets (the "wool/cashmere" stuff mentioned above), three coats and two suits in their collection with poly fabrics. When I began buying Suitsupply articles years ago before most of you even know what Suitsupply was, poly blends simply did not exist there. And they were proud of it. Now they need substantially more fabrics because of their steady growth in the US and natural fabrics became considerably more...
It is bad enough. IMHO, you should avoid it at all costs. I already mentioned earlier these new developments regarding "wool-blend" fabrics. I hope they will not get much customer attention and Suitsupply comes back to its old values for the following seasons. The customer service answer (I got it, too) is salesman BS.---Button stance: Yes, up to an inch below the original placement. I used that and it works.Lapel width: It should be possible. I did not use it and...
In Europe there are more coats and at least one suit tagged as wool blend, perhaps it is not visible yet in the US online store. How do I know? SuSu customer service confirmed it. They are actually wool/polyamide blends.Don't get me wrong, I'm a great fan and loyal buyer of Suitsupply for years, mainly using their Red Line MTM service now. But this is a clear sign of slowly introduced cost-cutting with reduced quality. I am perfectly aware that raw fabrics get more...
Regarding their ties I have a similar feeling, there were some nice examples in their current summer collection (wool/linen etc.).But on a general level I'm actually not so sure about that anymore. In the preview section for the new F/W collection I can see for the first time ever several items where synthetic fibers are used in the fabrics. They bashfully call it "Wool Blend" and take serious money for it. Sure, there are again many other beautiful things to see and buy...
For a wedding I would change the grey shirt for a white one and combine it with a light grey (or faux-grey, for example PoW check) tie. With a white or cream silk pocket square you are good to go. A grey shirt with a black tie may look "cooler" to certain people when you are going out in the evening but a wedding is a more formal and dignified occasion and "cool" is not what you want to look like there.
This is perfectly usual for short sizes in Central Europe.