or Connect

Posts by jkater1

I agree they are convenient, but I usually put shoes on in the morning and take off for the night when I get home, so the extra minute of lacing isn't a big deal. Most of my boots with speed hooks are Alden's and they eat laces fast. My Galway's have much thicker laces and seem to do good, I'd be afraid that I would burn through laces on a Nevis with speed hooks.
Did you have to get speed hooks? Also what last did you go with? I just emailed him that I was a go on a Nevis in Cloud that I've been going back and forth with him about. I really would prefer no speed hooks with exposed eyelets.
Thanks for input. Going to go Cloud/exposed eyelets/flat welt.Any thoughts on the 202 over the 606 for the Nevis?
Thanks. I saw that second picture last night while I was searching on Google. Is that Nevis in the first one cloud?
I think I am going to place an order for a Nevis and want some opinions on it. Last: 202 Color: Cloud Sole: H/AF Edgetrim: Black Eyelets: Black exposed Welt: Flat I'm having trouble deciding on the welt and eyelets. I haven't seen a Nevis without blind eyelets and most have reverse welts.
This. 10d Barrie is perfect for me and I have a 10/10.5e Galway on the 64 last. IMO it is a hair wider than the Barrie boot, but not enough to go down to a d width.
Excellent picture. I think I need a 202 Galway now....
Those look great!
@Leaves can the Nevis be ordered without blind eyelets?
I pulled the trigger on a pair too. Will be my first pair of Carmina's, not sure why I've never looked into them before. Looking forward to getting them, the color looks awesome.I think I prefer the finer stitching also, but split toes are my weakness and shell at that price.....couldn't resist.