or Connect

Posts by jrobertr

Quote: Originally Posted by ANIKETOS Anyone try five guys? What do u think of their burgers? The one by my campus does well. I gave it a try not too long ago and wasn't impressed, I enjoyed the fries more than the burger...
Dogfish Head, 60 minute IPA
Quote: Originally Posted by RegisDB9 I see you are in Lexington. I spent 5 years in Louisville, those were some of the most friendliest and down to earth people I have ever met. If you like that atmosphere, it's the same down here Yeah, the people here really friendly and down to eather, I couldn't agree more. So pretty much the weather is the biggest difference from what it seems. What were you doing in Louisville if you don't mind me...
I will be working in WPB for 10 weeks this summer and wondering if anyone lives in/near the area? If you live there or have visited, how did you like it? From what I have read it seems to be an older crowd, however I feel that during the summer is when most locals leave. Has anyone ever been during the summer, if so, how was your experience?
During the class lecture, the concept of synergy is what most interested me. It is my understanding that the book talks about all different types of them, along with other reasons for M&A. Examples of synergy from aquiring a firm; cost cutting with combined manufacturing plants, paying 1 CEO instead of 2 (apply to various exec/general labor positions), ordering larger quantities at cheaper prices. To me, its finding ways to increase margins and with the combined revenue,...
One of the fathers of modern takeover theory is Henry Manne, who published "Mergers and the Market for Corporate Control" in 1965. In this seminal work, Manne proposes the (now commonly accepted) notion that poorly run firms are natural takeover targets because their market values will be depressed, permitting acquirers to earn larger returns by running the firms successfully. Has anyone read any of his books? His name/theories came up in a capital budgeting; M&A...
Varies from night to night, drink to drink.
[quote=otc;4356816]I would strongly disagree with chicago not being a place for undergrad It's personal preference.
When deciding which college I wanted to attend, I was also considering DePual. I actaully stayed there for a night with a friend and thought the night life was terrible. Unless you are 21 or have a fake (which most students did), it was tough to find something to do. Going to a school with an actual campus is a huge benefit and what I was looking for... Chicago is not a place for an undergrad, since you said you intend on masters/grad school-- save that for Chicago.