or Connect

Posts by xccx

i hate to say it but, i'm really not a fan of ToJ.
it gets cold enough in SF to wear the jacket on a semi-regular basis (especially if on a bike), but i agree with everything you are saying. it may be a California thing. I wouldn't think twice about wearing this in NY. It's funny because I think one of the most common jackets here (a patagonia puffy) is the most ghastly thing ever -- and while it's so ubiquitous here, i could never imagine wearing it in nyc or europe. in a way this conversation begs the question "just...
A few points of clarification... +I like the jacket and I think it looks good on. + The pics are not necessarily indicative of how i'd wear it. I'd wear it a number of ways. + my hesitation lies mainly in how I may be perceived while wearing the jacket. Perhaps its a topic for another discussion but in some ways, people with style in San Francisco tend to stick out. Don't want to open a huge can of worms with that because I DO THINK that the locals have style.
Quote: i love the leather but it doesn't look very good on you. can i ask why?
well...i love it! i think i am/was feeling a little weird about it for reasons explained above. but truth be told i think it looks good and that i'd enjoy wearing it...
pics....
see i like the contrast between the military shirts and pants and the biker jackets in this season. that's why i ultimately got the jacket -- i feel like it has a lot of versatility. i would wear it with ripped jeans or "dress it up" with something more crisp underneath. i'll post a pic or two...
my style changes a bit based on situation, but because i live/work in the city and commute via motorcycle i am often in a leather jacket, jeans and boots of some sort. one thing that isn't necessarily apparent from the photo is that the hardware is really shiny. i think that adds to the overall visual effect of it "standing out."
I have had my eye out for the perfect leather jacket for a few years now. I always liked the Slimane Dior Homme, but they are hard to come by, and when I did find one on Ebay, it was hard to pull the trigger on such an expensive item without seeing it. I love the classic Schott Perfectos, especially the new lighter weight versions, but other than those I have been relatively uninspired and unmotivated to purchase. I tried and failed to get a Vanson X Junya biker jacket,...
creativity. it sounds so simple but it isn't. the truly creative thinkers in any field will always have an edge.