or Connect

Posts by Shingles

My references are for the cavalry twill usn pants and a bedford jacket in heavy cotton whipcord. I find the fabrics to be similar with the cavalry twill being softer and more flexible and the cotton whipcord more burly, rigid and coarser. Both are inelastic. The cotton whipcord i'm speaking of was obviously thicker/heavier than the pants so that might add to the characteristics. To fairly compare the two you would probably have to have them in the same weight and garment...
It seems to have just sold out?Which one was it? There's one in wool and one in NyCo Ripstop. The wool is obviously alot warmer and you can get that one at 15% off today at The Bureau.https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1084/dark-navy-12oz-all-wool-flannel-shoulder-capeRegarding fit it's at least big enough to be worn over a jacket. Pictured is the NyCo Ripstop.
The Matt pants comes with drawstrings already attached.
I've got that overdyed Gitman shirt as well. Never thought of wearing it with black pants. Will try it with my dark navy USN pants (they look black though).
Really good Lorcan, I love those pants and been wanting to get them ever since I saw them matched with the navy hb windowpane ldt jacket in the lookbook! Do you have this seasons fatigues or usn's, if yes what size? Size 30 in both those pants fit me spot on in all aspects, would you advice me to go with 30 in the cinch pants too as opposed to sizing up? Thanks
I wore my 3A over just a t-shirt the other day both outdoors and indoors and it worked out just fine. Never itched.
Plus the jackets in wool herringbone has a lot of stretch (atleast the fw12 Truman, but I would guess this years Bedford too). For example, I'm 5'9" 41" chest and can wear my herringbone Truman in small with a shirt beneath even though it fits a little tight and I would prefer a medium, and that jacket is 19" p2p. I wouldn't be able to do that if it was in heavy whipcord or some other stiff fabric without stretch.
Got all the stockists from Nepenthes and that's exactly my thought as well!
Got my eyes on that one too but waiting for the sales, maybe picking up the duffle coat as well.What size did you go? I'd appreciate fit pics if you want to post that!
Thanks for the information.Ok! Yes I guess they vary a bit too. I'm one inch shorter than you but 162 lbs and about 41" around the chest. I generally wear M in EG outerwear depending on the measurements and if the fabric is stretchy or not. Can rarely bend my arms inwards completely, and sizing up ruins the look/fit. But you'll get used to it. Ah yes, I remember that vest now. It's very special! Crazy pocket design. Cool you still could find one.On a trip to...