or Connect

Posts by east hastings

Quote: Originally Posted by BrettChaotix No one cares what the topic of the thread is as long as you take the time to use the "search" button and make sure that it hasn't already been discussed (at length) much like this subject has. Do you really think that in a section of the forum called "Body Consciousness" that the question "how do I workout efficiently" hasn't been asked before? Do you really think you need to reiterate what has already...
Quote: Originally Posted by adversity04 Is it really that hard to read one of the 2309483249 other threads about this? Let me understand.. Someone can post a thread about being vegetarian and how great it is. Someone can post linking the reader to pictures of their greasy, unkempt hair asking for stylistic advice. Someone can ask about how to lose the weight they put on at age _____. yet a question regarding getting toned and in shape in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by oDD_LotS As for cooking, I've found ethnic (Indian, African, and some Mexican) dishes are often meatless or can easily be made that way. The spices and flavors were often chosen to complement a vegetarian diet, so you won't end up with a lot of the bland meatless dishes that are all-too-common. Learn to use fresh ingredients and some of the more unusual meat substitutes such as seitan (a gluten-based protein that is...
hey all. under the recommendation of a friend who picked up work as a model, I went into the agency and much to my surprise was offered a contract. However, they said that in order for me to maximize how much work I get, I need to tone, build muscle and lose some of my baby fat (i am 16). I'm 6'0, 148, skinny, and have little muscle. I just joined my local gym, but am feeling rather out-to-sea in the weight rooms, as I have no clue how many reps of what part of my...
Quote: Originally Posted by redgrail It depends on which sweetener. You're talking about. Zero products contain both aspartame and acesulfame-k (aka acesulfame-potassium). The ace-k has a bitter taste in addition to the sweetness (that you don't notice because of the other ingredients) and it will affect the secretion of insulin. Aspartame will not. However, it is rare that a diet soda product contains ONLY non-bitter sweeteners (I haven't seen one, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by redgrail The aspartame and acesulfame-k in diet sodas may be carcinogenic and may cause dna-protein crosslinks. This is controversial. However, at the very least, the approval process was significantly compromised by people with vested interested in the products. In addition, artificial sweeteeners do mess up the insulin response system of the body, which may cause you to store additional fats. It's not exactly healthy - I...
maybe posting a picture of your room as is would be helpful? I like the stuff that you've posted, but it sort of depends on how your room is configured. Also depends on how much of a nature guy you are, and how that fits with your personality, imo. Example, it wouldn't make sense for me to adorn my room with animal rugs and mounted heads if I didn't hunt
out of curiousity, why would someone pay that much for a box?
In a relatively large city such as seattle, would you imagine regular smoke shops to carry brands like Poschl and seemingly more speciality snuffs? I've tried it several times over the past year, but usually when I was too drunk to really notice a difference between the cigarette I was smoking and the buzz from the snuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by contactme_11 Sadly, that's probably true. harassed? accosted? frowned on? probably. but shot on sight? really?