or Connect

Posts by gtg732w

I'm actually in the same boat, looking for a similar (though strictly office) chair now. Herman Miller makes some pretty unique stuff, I'm looking at an Aeron for the office but I've always liked the Eames Lounge set as something that stands out. When I went to test the Aeron, the lady also pointed me to the Knoll Generation chair also, it's got a back that is supposed to twist and bend with you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cedric In UK prices when the car hit 44k miles. only Major problem he had was the crankshaft Did anyone else laugh at this...? "A mere 12k pound crankshaft was the only problem" I'm determined to live this life one day.
Quote: Originally Posted by bkstone I just don't like the bait and switch +1 I turned down a 40% bump on a new job because they pulled the bait and switch. I just couldn't get over the 'if they could pull that what else are they going to pull...?' piece. If something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't, and rather than get into something knowing that it's shit up front, spend that time at the school's recruiting office setting up...
Haha, I've seen the woes and I feel for you, but if this goes through I would be contracted through a colleague's firm, so staffing is not something that would initially be in my arena. I've got an engagement lined up though my fear is that I'll overlook something in the legalese and end up either screwed or out of work somehow, and that's the piece I'm trying to avoid. I've seen some folks commenting on consulting for various firms large and small and was hoping they...
Gents, I've been consulting for the last three years and have a potential opportunity to start consulting independently. Right now I'm looking at setting up an LLC with myself as the sole employee, and I am setting up some time with our tax attorney to take a look at some of the tax implications of going down this road. What I'm not sure about is how transitioning into this arena should play out or what sort of 'gotchas' there are to watch out for, and I thought...
Another for Grumpy. The Stumptown setup at the Ace Hotel is cool too, but not necessarily on the way from anywhere to anywhere else. This is an interesting story I heard a couple of years ago about Grumpy: The story goes that Howard Schultz, the founder of Starbucks, was walking past the Grumpy Café in Seattle, saw how busy it was, found out that the lines were due to Clover coffee - so he bought it. Why? As told to Wired Magazine, a strategist for the company says:...
Quote: Originally Posted by sinnedk Thing is this QA role is fairly technical, there is lots of unix/sql involved, in addition there is possibility to maintain code, i dont think there is chance to write new code, but the system i am using is built in house from scratch, and is developed quiet often, its in 3rd stage/version i think currently... basically this is not qa for a corporation that has one system they use until they have to get rid of it, its...
Quote: Originally Posted by imatlas Obviously he isn't going on strike...I'm sure when he said it he was making a joking reference to "going Galt". Speaking of which...shouldn't he be forging on in the face of critics and setbacks, as any right-thinking Objectivist would in this situation? Maybe he's taking his intellectual aptitude off the market... We should check the local diners
I split my time between project management and software development, but I think it really depends on what sort of coding you're going to be doing. I have an HP EliteBook running an i5 with the full complement of 64 bit software on Windows 7, and I can write and compile anything I need to. If I start running application servers from it (full enterprise level applications), things start to slow down, but for coding purposes you should be able to develop and compile...
Quote: Originally Posted by jkw Are you sure it was broken? You can calibrate the analog ones so that they're accurate... I wasn't aware of that, and now that you mention it I don't know. The analog dial didn't move for 2 months, so I assumed that either the humidity was perfect (from the state of the cigars I didn't think this was the case) or it was broken... I bought a new digital hygrometer and humidifier, and the initial reading said...