or Connect

Posts by omgcookielol

I don't know when my jacket was made, but I received my BCDR from TOJ this February, and I knew a handful of people who received their jackets between then and July. The situation was bad, but not as bad as you remember it.
Selling off my bombers to make room for some other stuff. Links in my signature.
Black lamb Black suede; name patch Black hardware; single zip configuration Half placket Ribbed collar Shipping to CONUS included; Willing to consider shipping to Canada, if the buyer pays the additional shipping costs. shoulders: 17.0" chest (pit-to-pit): 20.2" midsection: 17.6" waist: 18.0" body length, front: 21.0" body length, back: 23.3" sleeve length, from shoulder: 23.0" sleeve width @ pit: 6.7" sleeve width @ elbow 5.9" sleeve width @ cuff 5.4" Minor...
If the point of going custom is getting a specific jacket in the specs that you want, then this should make sense, right? You're not paying Johnson to be your designer, because you already know what you want. Why would the manufacturer tell the designer what they want? It has nothing to do with "reprowear" or the perceived aesthetic of the business owner - you provide them with design details, and they'll produce a jacket faithful to the order. The process isn't discussed...
The long line of SF trends are directed towards mass tastes.APC, BoO, CP, MMM GATs, Alden, Red Wing, Viberg, Uniqlo, SNS Herning, TOJ, etc.The biggest difference between the average SF user and the average joe (brandwise) is that the SF user spends more for a fit that's probably a little better.
Or the qualities of leather varies from hide to hide, and batch to batch, despite being produced from the same tannery. Just my guess though.
Making space for another jacket. Black lamb Black hardware (2 way zippers, like the riders) Half placket Minor wear - PM for details. Free shipping CONUS shoulders: 17.0" chest (pit-to-pit): 20.2" midsection: 17.6" waist: 18.0" body length, front: 21.0" body length, back: 23.3" sleeve length, from shoulder: 23.0" sleeve width @ pit: 6.7" sleeve width @ elbow 5.9" sleeve width @ cuff 5.4"
Fixed.The gallery was proof that most of us just wanted to throw a leather jacket over whatever basic/gaudy crap we already owned. The actual fit of the jackets were pretty good- unless you lied to Charly/yourself about your height/mass gains. You could get the gist of this by looking at the old stock sizing chart- the difference between a size up/down wasn't huge.
@LA Guy do you still have an order with Johnson Leather for the bison moto? Just how many leather jackets will you have once you secure an order on the Aero, and Cyclone?
I don't think that being forced to return from retirement is a "happy ending". The previous owner's old enough that they suspect returning to work while dealing with the criminal trial has had a significant (negative) impact on his health. I don't know how deep you got into the issues they've been facing, but the former MD had done a lot more to damage the company beyond the theft/embezzlement.