or Connect

Posts by jdldore

Good call. Always wear a suit to an interview, at least with most professional services and management consultancy firms. I have to admit that I am not English, so my advice may not travel. Also, it's free. That said, I would recommend a black or dark brown cap toe if interviewing is what you're doing. You can wear the fun shoes with khakis or odd trousers when you get the job. Whatever shoes you choose, make sure they're polished. Believe it or not, many people...
Depends on the cut of the suit, your age, the type of business you are in, and the types of clients with whom or which you interact. The shoes are, relatively speaking, fashion forward. If you are wearing a similarly fashion forward suit (noticeable shoulders, slim lapels, high button point, super high gorge, narrow trousers), the shoes will not look out of place. Of course, the ensemble will look better if you are a fit 27-year old than if you are a fat, bald 50-year...
In an attempt to reach the golden mean, I would take the two closest to the center.
It's fine.
Bought a couple of Caruso Sartoria Parma suits from you a few months back. One was a navy suit and the other was a brown-gray gun check. They are listed at 44, but you correctly identified them as being a little on the slim side (labeling them as 43/44). Just wanted to let you know the cut, for me, is phenomenal and I am glad I purchased them. Of course, purchasing from your site is hassle-free. Anyway, wanted to let you know you have a very satisfied customer. ...
Field is roughly in line with Steed, Hitchcock, and Mahon.
+1 for linen.
Metaphysically, *probably* not at all. Practically, they are versatile and look quite sharp with gray and navy.
Most of these offerings will likely to pucker, lose shape, and gain sheen over time depending on how often they get wet, how often you wear them, and how often you dry clean them. If you wear one of these suits twice a week for fifty weeks a year, you may get anywhere from six months to a couple of years out of it (though I am sure there are folks who will aver to having owned a less expensive hard-worn suit for much longer, I suspect they are the exception rather...
Excellent rec from Foxx. Two other local options in that price range are Filene's and the department store outlets. There are a number of Filene's throughout the region (downtown, Golden Triangle, Mazza in DC and a few in NoVa and Md). They sell a number of suits at various price points and in large numbers of sizes. The outlets are a bit farther out (Leesburg, Dale City, somewhere near BWI), but they will also have nice selection. Not sure whether they are jobbers,...