or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Edit: Just read your post more carefully.I'm in contact with the head of brand and business development at EG and can ask him to confirm this. Just seems like this could spiral out of control with rumors otherwise.
It's not really owned by The Armoury, it's more like The Armoury and Drake's are owned by the same people. The Armoury remains a completely separate business.
I don't know if they bleed, but I can ask. I bought some last year, but just got them made into shirts and they've yet to arrive. Again, the quality of the fabric itself is kind of low, so just adjust your expectations. These are the kind of fabrics you'd see in common fabric shops in India, and they're woven there as well. We don't need to get the same fabrics. It can be mix and match. I suspect I'll only want to get 4-6 yards, but if you give me an idea of how much you...
Would anyone be interested in going in on an order for madras shirtings from this company? They require a 30-40 yard minimum (it can be mix and match, doesn't have to be 30-40 yards of the same fabric), and I only need 4-6. (Use the link menu at the left to see all the fabrics) The quality here is kind of crappy, to be honest, but the price cheap. From memory, I think it's something like $5 a yard. But they have a wide selection, and I think some would make for fun,...
Would anyone be interested in going in on an order for madras shirtings from this company? They require a 30-40 yard minimum (it can be mix and match, doesn't have to be 30-40 yards of the same fabric), and I only need 4-6. (Use the link menu at the left to see all the fabrics) The quality here is kind of crappy, to be honest, but the price cheap. From memory, I think it's something like $5 a yard. But they have a wide selection, and I think some would make for fun summer...
Those are from Howard Yount, but I don't know where he got the fabric from. Maybe he'd be willing to share the info? If you find out, let me know.The pants are sold out on his site, but last I talked to him in June-ish, he said he would restock this fall.
Thanks, emptym. I guess the swatch is still coming to me, so I'll try to look at it with my optimistic eyes. Appreciate the feedback.FWIW, Steed calls the fabric I selected "donkey flannel." I've never seen a fawn or donkey in real life, but from Google Images, both seem significantly darker than these fabrics ...I like this color
Yea, Steed had something, but I don't remember what book or fabric number it was. It was flannel though, as I originally sought. It's a bit darker than what I was hoping for, but still nice. Howard Yount had a great fawn flannel last year. I heard they'll restock (they may have already). I was hoping for something like that, but didn't see anything. It's a really great color for flannel pants, IMO. Up there with mid-grey even.
I'd be happy to organize it, but won't be able to for at least another month. Just really busy right now. From memory, I think we were something like 15 or 20m short, but I have to check my notes again. It's been a while. Perhaps I can hit up this board again in a month, when I can really put in the work to organize something. We'll make one hard effort for a push, and hopefully reach enough orders.
Thanks. I'll just go ahead and order the 516 then as another summer sport coat. I originally wanted the 518 for a dark brown summer jacket, but my tailor says he thinks it's too dark. The swatch is still coming to me, but in the meantime, maybe we can try to organize another re-run of the Slewfoot fresco? There was some interest last time, but not enough. If we did a re-run, I'd like to get something slightly less red, but am also open to ideas.