or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Just to be clear: my point isn't that sport coats are odd, it's that they would look odd in a room full of suits. Assuming you work in an office full of suits, of course; I have no idea what people really dress like on WS.Argument remains the same if the office is full of dress shirts and chinos. In today's world, most offices are bifurcated between super dressed down bizcaz/ jacketless suits on the one end, and suit-plus-tie on the other. If your goal is to not be noticed...
You don't see many 3r2 pinstripe/ chalkstripe suits nowadays, but that might be a regional thing. Most striped suits I see are from the UK, where people don't request 3r2s as much. FWIW, Esquire -- an American magazine -- had drawings of them in the 1930s. [[SPOILER]] I assume Brooks made them with a 3r2 configuration in the '30s - '60s, but don't know for sure. Have a history of Brooks Bros. book at home I can flip through later.I don't think there's anything wrong with a...
That's just an opportunity for awesome outerwear.
Sacrilegious, but I'd take NYC over San Francisco. At this point, San Francisco real estate prices are ~25% higher than Manhattan, but with none of the benefits.
Does anyone have a photo that shows an accurate representation of JL's Tobacco suede? Images online show very different shades and colors. And does anyone know if the color has warm, reddish cast?
I know someone like that. [[SPOILER]]
?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Ht_nsQ7Hs
I'm already disappointed now though, so at least we'll have a coherent combination between Monday, Tuesday, and the rest of the week.As far as I understood earlier, WS is moving back to suits.If an office is mostly chinos and button-ups, I think SC look a little out of place anyway (although, again, I don't think that's the end of the world).If the office is mostly SC + trousers, then this fits in, but I don't know many offices like that.If the office is largely...
No, I agree with the pocket square. In 2016, it makes a statement, sometimes one that you don't want to make in a workplace. I personally wouldn't wear one in a permissive work environment, let alone a conservative one, although I also don't think it's the end of the world if people know you're interested in clothes. If you're genuinely good at your job and talented, I don't think a pocket square is going to throw your career off-trajectory.I suppose if you don't have a...
I'm just not understanding how this differs from CBD and why you think some things are acceptable and other things aren't.If you're mostly working in a suit environment, a SC + trouser combo is going to stick out more than a folded white linen pocket square (which I don't think someone should wear in an WS office anyway). Nevermind a SC with pagoda shoulders and triple patch pockets. If you're in an office full of button-ups and chinos, the same outfit will draw equal...