or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Have you tried using a square knot instead of a Granny knot?
Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" looks a lot like Our Legacy's lookbooks
Just grabbed the navy Schneider sweater. Thanks to Greg and Kyle for putting them up today.
No, they're different weaves. Dupioni is very tightly woven, with subtle striations. Tussah is similar, but more loosely woven. Matka is somewhere in the middle, and more hopsacky (so no striations).I'm a dirty man, so I like hopsacky stuff.
I don't think so. At least not good linen, but I haven't really worn a silk Matka jacket, so I can't say.Wish I could tell you. This vintage J. Press is essentially unwearable because of its bad alterations and condition. I only bought it to see how Matka would look as a jacket.
Thanks. I actually have some swatches from them on the way. Hopefully it works out, but I kind of wonder if most Matka nowadays just isn't as slubby as this Press. Paul at Winston seems to think so.
I just ordered of the website.
Anyone know where to get good, slubby silk Matka? I'm trying to find something like this Paul over at Winston Clothiers sent me some swatches, but he doesn't have a true navy. Also just got some swatches in from Bennett Silks in the UK, but -- although nice -- theirs aren't as slubby as this vintage J. Press I found. Anyone have leads? Paul suggested I look into Tussah instead, but I like Matka's hopsacky weave. (cc'ing @Despos on this since he might know)
?