or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

I have the same experience with cardigans. Mine are usually somewhat fitted - or at least, they hug the body more than Boyer's. I find it makes my narrow shoulders look narrower than they are, which in turn makes me look paunchier than I am. Not sure if I just don't have the body type for it. Or maybe I should try embracing a looser fit.Yea, I like all those Milstil/ Italian Industrialist photos of guys in v-necks and cardigans, but feel like there's often a glamour about...
I like shawl cardigans, but for some reason, mostly think of them as an at-home, lounging around garment. Obviously not how they have to be worn, but that's how I use them myself.I'm mostly talking about the simple wool cardigans though - the kind worn by Boyer above. I really like how it looks on him, but find it looks to fussy on me. And on many people.I might have the wrong impression, however. Would welcome anyone changing my mind on them.
I'm thinking about selling off all my cardigans and v-neck sweaters, as I never wear them. Anyone find these useful? I don't like how they look when worn alone with a collared shirt, and also don't like how they look layered underneath a sport coat (they often look so fussy). Anyone have good examples of them being used? One that comes to mind is Bruce Boyer, but I don't feel like I can pull off the look as well as he does.
I don't follow his show very closely, but from the few I've seen, it just seems like he's perfected the art of sounding indignant on the internet. A lot of political commentary nowadays is basically just that - whether for the left or right, it's people stoking other people's indignation.I could be wrong about him, of course, as again, I don't follow his show very closely.
What's with the hostility against @Atgemis? He makes nice bow ties, and while I don't wear bow ties myself, I appreciate what he does. If you don't have any interest in his products, just ignore -- like everything else posted in here that doesn't fit your taste. I get that he's more CM than SWD, but this thread has kind of becoming the unofficial SF sales thread, given that the CM one is kind of dead. I've posted CM-ish stuff here before (Edward Green sales, IIRC) and no...
New AW14 photos, courtesy of End [[SPOILER]]
I really like Bentleys for just browsing, but good God are their prices inflated. FWIW, if the OP is OK with dropping that kind of cash, Foundwell is good to check out as well.http://www.foundwell.com/Fancy, antique cigarette case kind of seems like it'd be their thing.
That's my guess as well. To be fair, I find a lot of brand managers, retailers, and marketers to rely on hokey, fluffy language. If you're not actually in the trade of making things, it can be difficult to say why something was made the way it was, since so much of production is fragmented and removed from the retail end.
I think C&A posted some images of silks that had very, very strong white backgrounds, but other than those, most of the silks I've seen referenced seem to be in some hazy "middle ground."I do think, however, that if you're charging this much for ties, you ought to have some way of explaining to your customers how you know something was originally hand printed 50 years ago or whenever. "I can feel it from my passion," just doesn't cut it. Again, having spent a bit of time...