Posts by dieworkwear

Nicholas sketching out an idea we've been talking about. Basically the JM Weston Chasse, but less insane. Double leather sole, instead of triple. Less exaggerated toe seam. Slightly sleeker profile, but not too much. Storm welt instead of Norwegian. Might ask him to round out the toe and apron a bit more, but thought I'd share the photo.
Another bad ass robe
No longer available, but this is an old dressing gown by Tommy Nutter -- a bespoke tailor who revolutionized Savile Row in the 1960s. He and Edward Sexton turned the tailoring street from a kind of hush-hush gentlemen's quarters into a hipper, more modern place that attracted edgier, younger customers. Clients included the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Elton John, etc. Was known for his very bold and brash style. Crazy broad suits with massive, bellied lapels, wild patterns,...
There's thishttp://www.gentrynyc.com/products/wallace-robeNMWA also had a cool one from Document, but it's sold out. They may bring it back though. This season's was a reissue
Does it have to be hooded? Lots of companies make really nice belted robe coats and belted cardigans. Document, SK Manor Hill, Tomorrowland, Eidos, etc.
I assume any maker will have a 4E last. Meaning the sort of makers that are talked about on this board -- Alden, Allen Edmonds, companies in Northampton, etc.I don't know if it would work in your case, but I've also found that you can go up or down a length in order to adjust the width. In other words, in UK sizing, a 9E shoe will often fit like an 8.5D. Going up a length here means being able to size down in width. Conversely, going down a length means being able to size...
I dig that shirt. Not sure if it fits into your wardrobe, but also doesn't seem like it's overly workwear-y.That boot looks like it's missing a sole.Aside from aesthetics, I have doubts that you can get a good fit using self-produced measurements. On a basic level -- aside from just the difficulty of measuring -- there's the assumption that your measurements would be the same as the maker's measurements.I had a pair of custom boots made through Russell Moccasins. The first...
Yea, I feel like they were a good budget option five years ago, but then the quality really ramped up. So have the prices, by comparison, but I still think they offer strong value.Bellanie, the woman behind the company, apprenticed for a couple of years under a former Hermes leatherworker.There's a guy in Paris who also does good work, Bertrand Montillet, but his English is limited.http://www.abzaroke.fr/Some of the photos also suggest that bigger items are machine...
They do bespoke, so if you want the Montblanc design, you can always message them and ask how much it would cost.Everything is made-to-order as well. So if you like one design, but want it in a different leather, you can request it at no charge.The quality of their work is really good. I'd go as far as to say as good as Hermes. Stitching is neat and clean, materials are the same as Hermes, and the edge painting is well done.Their IG shows off the work...
Basically.That and unhinged "I want to speak to your manager" phone calls to other countries.