Posts by dieworkwear

The Ring coat to me feels like the M-43 mixed with a Japanese kimono.American M-43 details: Four chest pockets plus a draw string waist.Japanese Kimono: Wrap closure with t-shaped sleeves:Add a hood and some buttons and you get this:
Yea, I was looking on various boards and saw Comply's foam tips being recommended. Maybe I should give them a shot, but I generally don't like foam tips. Feel like they take too long to insert.
Do you mean the last scarf pictured? I have that one. IMO, the darker colored scarves are easier to pair with things, although I kind of want the one in the first photo too.These are huge though and, frankly, don't go with much. You can drape it around your neck OK, but once you actually wrap it in any real way, the scarf is pretty bulky. Perfect for something like the Ring coat, but can feel out of sync with a lot of other outerwear. IMO, one is enough unless you're just...
I haven't, but are they these?Stupid questions, but1) how are you supposed to know your size? Do you just take a guess and buy a couple in different sizes? The standard IE80s are too big, so I assume I'm a SS or S.2) are there any advantages or disadvantages to triple flange earbuds? Is it just about finding something that fits?
Since there are people here who seem to know a lot about audio, anyone have a suggestion on how I can get a better seal on Sennheiser IE80 in-ear headphones? I ordered some replacement buds online, just to try out, but they didn't fit that great. $10 down the drain. A friend suggested that I just visit some local high-end audio store and try some buds in-person. The other idea, I thought, was maybe trying some custom thing (although I don't know how much that would...
Those look really good. I dig the navy one a bit more, although both are great.FWIW, Kaptial has really nice pressed wool scarves that pair well with their Ring coats. Just note that they're huge.http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/kapital/?posts_per_page=96
Those Heschungs are super goofy looking, but in a good way. IMO, they go great with Engineered Garments type of outfits. I also like how @conceptual 4est has worn them in the past -- with that quilted ts(s) jacket, the Leder military coat, and some topcoat outfit (can't remember the brand. Maybe it was a shop coat?) IMO, you have to embrace the chunkiness of it. Sort of like Clarks Wallabees or Doc Martens.
Tyler Cowen had a book a few years ago, titled Creative Destruction, which was about how globalization and the internet help with diversifying culture. One of his examples: if you were a Tibetan Buddhist monk making music, it would be easier for you to survive when you have access to a global market, rather than just a local one.I think there's a bit of truth in that, but on the long term, this ignores the unequal power relations between cultural forces. Artists --...
Have you read Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities?That seems like a great example of a book that wouldn't translate well into digital form. Big format; awesome and colorful illustrations. Gives you a sense of wonder, especially with those heavy pages that make a sound as you're flipping through them. Feels like you're thumbing through Seba's own records.https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2011/may/09/albertus-seba-cabinet-natural-curiosities
I love those rooms with overflowing bookshelves. Books stuffed in every cranny; piled on top of tables. Most of them dusty.I don't know. I hate to be that guy who rants against middle class people, cause I'm middle class, but sometimes you go to some of these people's houses and they have the most boring bookshelves. It's like, half empty -- filled with a couple of family photos and brand new, super clean looking texts about how to make money. Or some pop trend topic (e.g....