or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Jesus Christ, you're insufferable.
I don't think I ever said the variance between cutters is greater than the variance between houses. I said the house name sometimes obscures important details, such as who is the cutter behind your suit/ jacket.An A&S suit is not just an A&S suit. If you're looking at an A&S suit from 30 years ago, that will be slightly different from what you'll get now. If you like an A&S suit on a client -- say a friend of yours, or someone you see online -- the cutter who made that...
I'm not saying a cutter supersedes the house style; I'm saying each cutter will execute the house style sightly differently. And some, frankly, are better than others at what they do.
There's not really much to it besides finding a house style you like and trying them out. It's true that you might not like the cut in the end, but there's no real way to find out except through trial and error. Other clients' commissions (and what you see on websites/ through shop windows) give you an approximation, but it's not the same as just getting something yourself. It's not always possible, but if you know people who have used the same cutter at a certain...
FME, that's how a lot of major publications work. And unless the writer has a lot of clout, he or she doesn't even get to choose the talking points -- those are set by editors.So the editors decide what points need to be hit, that's fleshed out by a freelance writer, and if the piece involves non-product photography, those are given to a freelance photographer who needs to find examples to fit the story.Depending on the views of the editors, those talking points may or may...
I'm not sure if we're disagreeing. That's the same as what I said.
I think they do OTR fits as well. The link I gave seems to have an OTR option along with MTM. (Although, it looks like the fabric is sold out. Maybe it'll return?)I gave them the measurements from one of my dress shirts. The fit didn't come out exactly the same, but after the free remake, it was good enough. A lot better than most online MTM shirt companies I've tried.
Not really the same, but Proper Cloth had this Japanese slub weave that's kinda-sorta similar.https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts/japanese-blue-slub-weave-52906.htmlYou can order swatches on their website. I think it's like three for a dollar. They're an online MTM company, so you can basically get whatever collar style/ details you want.
RLPL suits are actually more like $2500, so I'm exaggerating. Don't know what their MTM would be, but outerwear often nears $5,000.I don't really get uber-high-end RTW suits either, but if the jacket fits well, there's no real reason to go bespoke.
I don't think they're preparing to end the label. I think RRL just doesn't fit with the company's new strategy (there's more in the article) and it's likely that it'll get cut at some point.The subline might be Ralph Lauren's pet project, but I assume he cares about the larger health of the company than a subline.