or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

You either die banned, or live long enough to see yourself become dubiously honored.
Aside from the contrasting sole, I don't like the wide storm welt on those derbies. @White Lotus, nah on the denim jacket.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the correction, bengal.
Saddle stitching is a little different (assuming by "double running stitch" you mean what's used in embroidery). Hermes has a somewhat stylized marketing video for it, but it demonstrates the technique well. Here the worker is piercing a hole with an awl and then passing two needles through the same hole. I think Bellanie uses a pricking iron for her work, but the sewing technique is the same.
Definitely possible. Everything is made upon order (meaning, they don't have anything on stock, so things are made when someone purchases something). That means you can get small changes made at no cost. That includes changing the leather, leaving off the company logo stamp, and getting a monogram (if you wanted one).I have a card wallet that's similar to that dogleg model. Have had this for years, so it's developed a nice patina. No logo, no monogram. Wallet is made from...
Have you tried micromodal? It's much more breathable than cotton, wears cool, and really soft. The only problem is finding a maker who uses high-enough quality micromodal that doesn't pill. I switched almost everything to Tommy John a few years ago and find them to be pretty good.Good SIC can be even better, but I find it very hit and miss. Bought a few from Zimmerli. One is was nice; the others not so great. When it's good, it's a lot softer than micromodal, but a lot...
Cool custom DIY piece from Tay Trong From his FB album (with a ton of DIY projects) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206049046214528&set=a.4048618703163.2131287.1512815973&type=3 Also a cool feature on him at StyleLikeU, for those who haven't seen it http://stylelikeu.com/profiles-2/closets/tay-trong/
That's super awesome.
Under there?
Those shoes look awesome. Do you know if they're handwelted or Goodyear welted? And does he create a custom last for you, or does he use a standard last based on your size?Are the shoes also put through some kind of finishing process? I don't think I've seen a custom maker get that sort of toe spring and washed leather effect before.