or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

True, although I've heard it takes years and years, if not maybe decades. Once that happens, you can also just tape up the seams yourself at home. I think they sell kits at outdoor stores.The production process for Gore-Tex isn't very environmentally friendly though, which might be a concern for some peoplehttps://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/oct/11/outdoor-clothing-ethical-living
Surprised nobody uses those eVent (or eVent-like) fabrics for a more fashionable garment. It would probably be overkill for a place like San Francisco, but I can see how it would be useful on the East Coast. I like and wear Gore-Tex, but the breathability is limited by the outermost layer. So the middle layer is a stretched Teflon membrane that keeps water out, but allows air molecules to escape. However, they then just hit whatever PU fabric is on the outside. It's more...
Gore-Tex is breathable. It keeps water out, but there's a breathable membrane inside that allows heat (and moisture) to escape. There are actually really great technical fabrics that are even more breathable than Gore-Tex (like eVent), but I don't know any fashion companies that use them. They're more for technical/ outdoor outerwear brands. This shows the effect well.
I think that tan jacket is from LVC
Just got this email:
I would go for the bonded cotton, but just know that it doesn't breathe very well. If you're on the East Coast, it's not something you would wear during summer rains or in a crowded subway car. The cotton is basically impermeable, so it traps heat and sweat. That said, I love how it drapes and moves. It just has a nice, unique feel. I would also look into the longer models, such as the Dunkeld. The Dunoon looks too short, IMO.
Yea, but then you'd have a software QA job.There are plenty of industries with higher starting salaries. The daily tasks sound mind numbingly boring though.
That story would be true for almost any industry though -- the recession, niche skill sets, housing market booms, etc. What you're describing is less a story about the fashion industry and more about the general economy as a whole. Academics, lawyers, accountants, designers, musicians, etc would all describe the same story.I don't know Fielden's family background, but people in similar positions live similar lifestyles. Higher-up editors at big magazines often have very...
Esquire just appointed a new editor-in-chief last week, Jay Fielden. He was a former editor at Men's Vogue and Town & Country (the second only tangentially related to men's fashion, but is very close to it). I don't know his salary, but his house was lost in a fire a few years ago and he had to rebuild it. NYT did a story on the restoration back in 2013. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/greathomesanddestinations/jay-fieldens-restoration-drama.html For some reason, I...
Fashionista conducted a survey a few months ago on what people typically make in this industry, given certain positions: http://fashionista.com/2016/02/fashion-jobs