or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Influencer marketing is just brands identifying people who help shape consumer decisions and paying them to promote something. It's a terrible development in fashion media cause it creates all sorts of dishonest content, but I don't think anyone can deny it works. If it's just some random person recommending X brand to a friend, that's not really being an influencer. If someone has a large audience and people pay attention to what he or she wears/ does, that person might...
It's really the same thing though.All influencer marketing is a business strategy to move into spaces that have traditionally affected people's consumer behavior.The classic example is Hollywood red carpet, where stars used to wear their own clothes, but now borrow stuff on loan from brands who want publicity. I don't think that stuff is that relevant for menswear, but the dynamic is the same. Companies have taken the avenues where people have taken cues on how to dress...
Have you really never bought something because a musician or actor you liked wore it? Like, even as a teen?Actually almost wore my five zip today. Bought that shortly after our dinner years ago.I wonder how many people have been affected by the inFoo-encer?
Yea, I've been excited about the company since Greg showed me the photos earlier this year.The clothes look a little more "out there," but I think in a way that's fun and interesting. Maybe like Nonnative and Visvim, in a sense, but more wearable than the first and more affordable than the second.
Sometimes people ask where I buy things I wear, so they can be sure to avoid those shops. Kind of an #uninfluencer.
Delfino has some wool-hemp blends that are nice.
I mean, he's helped revitalized Adidas, which was basically relegated to nothing five years ago or whatever. The reintroduction of Stan Smith was also a big help, but I'd argue Kanye's involvement/ endorsement was also really important. He's also helped popularize looser fits to a mainstream audience, MA-1 bombers, ripped jeans, sand suede CP Chelseas, and all sorts of trends. I think the whole Kanye cos play thing is super corny, but it's hard to deny his influence. When...
There's probably a bubble on influencer marketing, but the idea of buying something based off a cool photo from a person you like isn't that crazy. I mean, that's what a lot of this site is built off of. How many people have bought something because they saw someone here they like wearing it?Again, the biggest sea change right now has been pushed by Kanye West. It's hard to argue against the idea of influencers when there's a whole forum now dedicated to dressing like...
Funny enough, I was actually thinking about getting a CM version of this Valextra folio.The price on the Valextra is crazy. $1800 for a machine stitched item, which seems ridiculous (even though I like some of their other cases). Thought maybe I could get a hand stitched version for half the price.That belt looks nice. I might send them an email to see if they can do a dark brown version of a thinner, 32mm dress belt. Maybe something nicer than the Brooks Brothers belt I...
Really? I read that same interview and thought it was nice to see someone be so refreshingly honest.It's probably the ugliest part of fashion, but the democratization of anything inevitably makes that thing feel less special.Raf's comment was partly about that, but also about the speed in which designer fashion is now produced. It's more and more like fast fashion nowadays -- more collections (pre holiday, pre fall, pre whatever), more clothes, more people wearing it, more...