or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

FWIW, I don't think that was the argument. The argument was that you gain a deeper understanding or appreciation for someone's work when you've ordered more things. So someone who has stayed with the same tailor for 10 years, ordering say 15 suits, will have a better appreciation for that tailor's work than someone who essentially just hops around ordering 1 suit from 15 different tailors.That's been since twisted into a bunch of different memes, but it's not really that...
I've ordered multiple things from the same tailor before (on the first commission). I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but you're taking more of a gamble. If you end up not liking the tailor's work, then you've lost more money. If you do like the tailor's work, then it's a non-issue. Agree with agiffy that the idea that subsequent commissions will be markedly better is a bit overstated. They do improve, but it's minor and usually have to do with stylistic...
Unionmade has a Golden Bear DR this season with laces. FME, they usually work with the company to get more fashion-friendly fits.http://unionmadegoods.com/product/golden-bear-lamba-leather-capitola-moto-jacket-in-black/
I have two shirts from Atlantis' madras as well. It doesn't shrink (not sure if it being colorfast is a plus), but it doesn't feel as nice as English or Italian shirtings. Again, someone might chalk that up to historical accuracy. Maybe the original 1960s madras shirtings didn't feel that great either. RTW brands such Gant, J. Press, and even J. Crew use nicer madras shirtings though. And Rosen & Chadick sells some for people who go custom.Huh, that's interesting. I'm...
That would be really appreciated, although obviously don't go out of your way.I assume a dark brown suede isn't going to be that interesting since we already have mocha and mink. A mid-brown suede that's slightly darker than coffee though would be really great.
careful, looks like @P-K-L is a high-level instagram-trained suit scientist!!!
Wow, Simon Crompton choose a Robbert Geller piece for one of his favorite items at NMWA http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/theme/simon-picks.html?_ke=ZGlld29ya3dlYXJAZ21haWwuY29t That's a bit unexpected (but nice).
"Jack, come here and look sad and defeated."
Recently saw this photo on EG's Twitter. The account says one of these is espresso suede (I assume it's the darkest one). Anyone know if espresso is a new suede color, and if so, are there any other new colors in the last ~3 years or so?
For shirts? I don't know of anyone who sells solid navy madras (does that sort of thing even exist?), but you can get authentic Indian madras through Atlantishttp://store.fabrics-textiles.com/index.php?cPath=66Sometimes they have bleeding madras, but you have to email them.They have constantly changing purchase terms though -- sometimes requiring a minimum, sometimes not -- but you kind of have to just try your luck. Quality is kind of low-end, but that's how madras...