or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Were you born in the 1940s?
If I can be honest, I can't tell the difference. They all sound the same to me.
I'd be happy to organize another run of something, if people have design suggestions.
Gianni is actually Northern Italian, if that means anything.
Curious to hear what designing for RL was like. Was there a massive archive there, and if so, did you have free reign to flip through it? How big is the archive, and how far did it go back? (assuming there is one).
\That looks great, Pingson. Makes me feel more confident about going with the windowpane. And yes -- the gown is from TMF.
Thanks for the feedback, @gdl203, @Sotiris, and @unbelragazzo. I think you're right about the windowpane.
Thinking about getting a dressing gown and can't decide between fabrics. Anyone have an opinion?Mid-gray with a faint white windowpane [[SPOILER]] Charcoal pindot [[SPOILER]] The exact fabric I'm looking at for the charcoal pindot is actually a bit darker than what's represented above. I'm looking at this one. [[SPOILER]] But the above is the best representation online, probably, for how it would look as a dressing gown. Just imagine it a shade darker.Anyone have an...
I was thinking about spraying it down with a suede protectant, but the cleaners told me that those can actually stain a jacket as well, if the protectant isn't applied evenly.Thing is, I've applied protectants on a ton of suede shoes, and have never ruined a pair. Don't now why it could be different for a jacket.Kind of tempted to do it, just in case this one gets stained as well.
Yea, that jacket you have looks great.I guess my point is that some jackets seem like they'd be OK with a stain, while some don't. Anything from RLPL, Tom Ford, or any of those lux-Italian brands, for example, wouldn't look too hot with a stain, while a stain here or there on a piece from RRL or Buzz Rickson would be fine. I can imagine they'd be fine on many of the Rick Owens pieces discussed in this thread as well.I recently bought this SLP (please don't hate me), and am...