or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Yea, I don't understand that either. It's really common for American streetwear brands to get their start by breaking into the Japanese market first, with little to no US presence in the beginning. And they do it by playing up their "American cool," just as a lot of Italian brands are export orientated and play up their sense of "Italian cool."I'm thinking of all the streetwear labels in the 90s, which were maybe carried by Fred Segal and one boutique in NYC (and maybe...
Eidos is now creating an argument on StyleForum, which basically makes it Italian.
That's correct. You used to be able to pick up pre-Antonio Eidos jackets on Yoox a few years ago, but those have been long sold out. They weren't the same things as what's being offered now anyway.It's owned by an Italian company, made in Italy, often constructed from Italian fabrics, and uses Italian styling. Dirnelli's argument seems to be that Eidos is mainly sold in the US and that the designer is Italian-American, rather than italian-Italian.To me, this is like saying...
BBL, going to pick up my Indian food in Berkeley.
Sorry, but ...
I like the classic design. The only problem with the elastic is that, over time, it can develop this wavy, lettuce-leaf edge. I've heard you can get it replaced though.
Last I checked, which was a couple of years ago, the answer was no.
I like Susan Scafidi's take on cultural appropriation.http://time.com/2840461/pharrell-native-american-headdress/I don't think that article Naka linked is about cultural appropriation though. I think it's saying that when non-Asian people wear kimonos, it touches on issues dealing with Orientalism. Which is ... kind of true?I don't know if this means people shouldn't wear them, but it's hard to get away from those kind of stereotypes and historical legacies. When people...
Wearing a Niche field jacket right now from NMWA. Prob should change my StyFo name to "Buy Workwear"