or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

That story would be true for almost any industry though -- the recession, niche skill sets, housing market booms, etc. What you're describing is less a story about the fashion industry and more about the general economy as a whole. Academics, lawyers, accountants, designers, musicians, etc would all describe the same story.I don't know Fielden's family background, but people in similar positions live similar lifestyles. Higher-up editors at big magazines often have very...
Esquire just appointed a new editor-in-chief last week, Jay Fielden. He was a former editor at Men's Vogue and Town & Country (the second only tangentially related to men's fashion, but is very close to it). I don't know his salary, but his house was lost in a fire a few years ago and he had to rebuild it. NYT did a story on the restoration back in 2013. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/greathomesanddestinations/jay-fieldens-restoration-drama.html For some reason, I...
Fashionista conducted a survey a few months ago on what people typically make in this industry, given certain positions: http://fashionista.com/2016/02/fashion-jobs
A lot of the popular workwear men's lines have women's divisions. Kapital, Orslow, Blue Blue Japan, Chimala (actually, that one is primarily a women's line), Barena, Folk, LVC, imogene + willie, etc.Not sure why the women's stuff would be of lesser quality. If you mean it's less "hefty," that might be -- but that's different from a quality issue. They may use lighter fabrics, but that's not so much about qulaity as it is about just design. Like the difference between red...
^ That looks nice. Who made the jacket and the pants?
Some new Templeman photos.
Many thanks, DW and Bengal. That's really helpful.I don't know enough about the production process to know if that video shows what's been done to this leather, but the effect looks awfully close.Feel better about the shine wearing off. That was actually my number one concern with getting something made from this material. Didn't know if it would just end up looking plastick-y. Hoping to get something like JM Weston's Chausse made and a really smooth, grainless, shiny...
#OneInchBrothers
It can be a pain in the ass to get right though. I think the style is foreign to a lot of tailors, so you're basically taking a risk. You might get a sleeve with two buttons that are too close together (making it look like half of a four-button sleeve) or too far apart (making it look like a three-button cuff without the middle button). Might help to say you'd like one-inch of space between the two buttonholes, but then you'll also become one of those customers everyone...
I like two, but with a little spacing between the buttons. IMO, it makes the style look more intentional (and a little more in-line with the old Brooks Brothers way). The style is basically the regular placement on the last-most button, and then 1" spacing between the first cut buttonhole and the second. Anything more and it also ends up looking like a three-button cuff where a tailor forgot the middle button. [[SPOILER]]