or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Let us know how it goes!
Possibly of interest: a place that's specializes in leather repair and cleaning https://www.withoutatrace.com/ They also do invisible mending, which is a kind of high-end-(ish) repair work on tailored clothing. So maybe they're good with leather as well. If someone uses them, report back and let us know how it went.
Really impressed by your collection of poly-blend clothes. You're like the Voxsartoria of polyester.
Depends on the Alden last. I'm an 8.5 in the Barrie, 9 on the Plaza, for example.Converse regular All Stars, I'm an 8.5. Converse 70s All Star, I'm a 9.I took a 9 in the Spalwart Marathon Lows. Basically TTS/ your Brannock size.
WOW EVERYONE HOP ON THIS ONE BEFORE IT ENDS!!!
I wonder how much of that is due to the poly blend and how much of it is about the puckered weave though. In other words, do those shirts wear noticeably cooler than pure cotton seersucker in a comparable weight?I actually don't have any issue with poly-blends in casualwear. I have a couple of sweaters and casual jackets that are made with poly blends. For some reason, the idea of a lot of polyester in the shell of a tailored jacket just doesn't sound that appealing, but...
I have a dark brown corduroy suit that I like a lot, although I think tan ages better.
I can see that, but most seersuckers are in lighter colors or earth tones, which age in a much more charming way. I'm not sure a navy cotton jacket would have that easy going, carefree look after a few years. It sounds like it would look splotchy and old.I have a pair of navy chinos that have been OK, but they also don't get as much wear as I assume I would put into a jacket.I don't actually know. The only poly-blend garment I have -- aside from workout clothes -- is that...
Wait, I'm not sure I understand. Why would the poly-blend not face the same wear issues?@jerrybrowne actually just kindly emailed me some photos of Caccioppoli's navy seersuckers. Those are a 99/ 1 cotton-poly blend.Yea, I don't get it. There's a long history of machine washable jackets, but I've never understood why that wouldn't mess up the canvassing, haircloth, padding, felt, etc inside. Wouldn't those things shrink at different rates?It's a nice idea in concept, but I...
Seersucker suits and jackets were originally meant to be washable.