or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Gad Lerner says: "WTF?"
Also, not sure if this is of interest to anyone, but this is a nice directory of UK manufacturers I recently found. Not complete, but useful for people starting new brands and want stuff made in the UK, or people just researching things for fun. Let's Make It Here. http://www.letsmakeithere.org/
Sorry, just littering this thread with various photos I find of corduroy coats. This one is of Gad Lerner, which I stole from Milstil. He writes:I think a few people mentioned that flapped patch might be unflattering, but in my mind - that kind of frumpy, ugly, unflattering look is kind of strangely appealing. Just not sure I can get that frumpy look through a coat from Steed. It might look very clean, but oddly unflattering at the hips with three layers of English corduroy.
I don't know if it's true to real life, as I don't actually own the sweater (or have swatches in front of me). I assume either Kyle or Greg could answer that. I'm hoping for something just an itsy bitsy lighter in shade, like what's pictured in the swatch cards under "lisheen," but again - don't have anything in front of me.FWIW, the sweater right behind that grey blue one - that sort of cream color - is reasonably true to real life in my current IM linen sweater. I think...
In case anyone was wondering about sizing, I just realized that my Inis Meain linen crewneck is actually a size medium, rather than a small. I normally take a small in Inis Meain, and wear a 36R coat. And FWIW, I bought the crewneck in "lisheen." I think it's a good summer color, being a slightly lighter shade than navy and all.
I have one from Buzz Rickson that I like a lot, but I don't think it's something you could wear with a suit. Actually don't think any peacoat can be successfully worn with a suit, but I suppose YMMV. Here's a link to the BR model. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=361 It's made from a really heavy Melton wool and lined with Rayon satin. Supposedly a replica of early 20th century models. I believe @gdl203 owns one too, and...
Fake Lacoste shirts I've seen tend to look more like this
It's MYGILT30, but likely connected to certain accounts. If you didn't get a mailer, the code most likely won't work for you, but you can try.