or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

Agree, the scent thread is really helpful and the people there are super nice.For suggestions, maybe Knize Ten? That's very leathery, smokey, and woody. Cuir Mauresque is also super smokey.If you're up for a leather scene that's a bit softer, I like Chanel's Cuir de Russie and Robert Piguet's Bandit.
You can also do that on eBay, but eBay still makes money.
New Post Imperial lookbook up on Complex http://www.complex.com/style/2016/02/post-imperial-spring-summer-2016-lookbook
Kind of depends on what sort of leather you're looking for. Some "rules" for a certain kind of leather won't apply to another genre.If you have a certain style you like, people in this thread might be able to give you recommendations though.
Agree that some of the M0851 stuff can be OK. A lot of their leathers are coated in a specific way, so if you're near a store, you might want to go in to try stuff on in person. It's hard to convey that finish online. Some of the aged leathers I've seen from them have this interesting crinkly effect. IMO, it's a slightly different look than the Falcon stuff.
New EG FW16 lookbook http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2016-menswear/engineered-garments/slideshow/collection
+1Although I'd probably do Chicago, NYC, and then two national parks.
Does anyone know how that stuff is produced? I assume the running stitches are put in by his workers for effect, but is the embroidery work all done by modern-day workers as well? Or is it part of the original, vintage fabric?Some of the stuff looks like it was done within their production process, like the back of this jacket:Other stuff is kind of hard to tell, like this sleeve.
My understanding is that there's a lot more to his work than just patchwork though. One of his main design assistants came from the film special effects industry. I had lunch with him a while back and he was telling me about all these crazy experiments they would do to get really subtle effects on buttons, seams, etc.Granted, it's still probably not $3k complicated, but I don't know if it's something a local tailor could replicate.
Pusha looks great in that video, but his stylist Marcus Paul takes it.