Posts by dieworkwear

If anyone is in or around Vancouver, Neighbour is hosting an event with Stephan Schneider himself. Apparently he'll be there setting up an installation in Neighbour's new store http://www.shopneighbour.com/blogs/blog/stephan-schneider-meets-neighbour
Yasuto Kamoshita really likes Post Imperial ties. Think this is the third photo I've seen of him in one.
I'd say they're close cousins. They're similar, but slightly different.They're similar in the sense that both are softly constructed. No haircloth in the chest, very little padding in the shoulder. Gives both lines a very relaxed and casual feel.They're different, however, in terms of cut and sensibility.Boglioli is cut like a traditional suit jacket, just slightly more fashion forward. Slimmer fit; shorter body. Their coats have a contemporary Italian feel.Tebas aren't...
I have one and find they run slightly big. I'm a 37 chest and took a size 36 in the Tebas. Assuming the ones Spoo has are the same cut as mine, anyway.The Teba is really nice. IMO, what makes them special is the soft structure inside. Most shirt jackets are basically completely unstructured -- they fit like a shirt. The Tebas have a light fusible in the chest and a very, very thin shoulder pad. Gives the jacket a bit more structure. It's much more flattering than your...
I don't, sorry. They're a pretty neutral dark brown though.
Probably not really right for PTO, to be honest. This is kind of a niche project for bespoke customers, and only a few readers there order bespoke. Besides, it would be a private pet project and not really right for a site that I work for.To be honest, with the new Fresco III quality, I think most people should just look into that. It's nice (I've seen it in person). 510235 is a 8/9 oz cloth and a bit light, but 510263 is a heavier 9/10 weight. Color would make for a great...
Tees and other jerseys are knitted, so if you cut them, they'll fray even more easily than a woven garment (wovens being things like dress shirts). You need to bring the hem up somehow and protect it from fraying. Basically some kind of proper hemming technique.You can do that at home with a sewing machine. But it'll likely cost you more in time than the $20 some tailor will charge.
I'm not advocating for any law against it. I'm just saying cultural awareness here isn't just about "political correctness" or whatever.I think there are two sides here -- the consumer and producer. Scafidi has comments on both, but the distinction between clothing and other cultural items (including food) is on the consumer side. Putting on a piece of clothing outside of your culture is more loaded than eating something from that culture because of how closely clothes are...
In today's terms, political correctness is just a conservative term to cover all sorts of things the right feels the left has been pushing. Frankly, it's too big of a topic, which is why the term is so politically loaded and hard to address. Because there are very real things in there, but then some XYZ ridiculous story will catch a headline, and then the right will say "THAT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!"The reason why I think it's pointless to talk about it in broad terms is...
I think we had this debate before. My feelings on it are:1. There are ways to depict Native Americans in more or less respectful ways. A depiction of someone and their culture isn't inherently demeaning. Chief Wahoo isn't at all anything like the RL depictions.2. That said, depicting Native Americans in anything comes with a bunch of loaded baggage because they often rely on "naturalistic" and "anti-modern" ideas. Meaning, we buy things with Native American prints,...