or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

I think fifteen years ago, short trenches were supposed to look more modern (read: younger and trendier). Which is what I assume the OP meant when he stated his age. For some guys, more classically designed clothes look fusty. I just think the look is a bit dated, and the slim, short trend is on its way out now. That, coupled with the fact that it rains maybe for two hours per year in Southern California, it sounds like the OP would wear the coat five times before wanting...
7.5E will likely fit close to 7F. I've gone up half a size in many brands, and then compensated by going down in width. You get a touch more room in the length, but the width ends up being about the same on balance.I find the 888 last to be a touch narrower in the toe box than 82. It's supposedly just the chisel toe version of the round toe 82, but I find the sides of the shoe press up a bit more against my pinky toe. I think in the past, some people who wear the 82 have...
Nice to have a craftsperson on this board, Pierpont. Hope you stick around.*I don't fault her for transitioning her company. I imagine at some point, you have to figure out how to scale a bespoke goods business. And it's great to see someone pass their knowledge to another generation.I suppose this just gets to a basic issue about bespoke goods -- whether it's in suits, shoes, or whatever else. Bigger firms can be nice in that they offer better customer service, more...
Hm, with enough fittings and nights out, I could possibly make my money back from some commissions this way.
I recently got something from there. Was both surprised and disappointed. Probably worth noting that Beatrice doesn't do her own work anymore, at least for small leather goods and men's items. Only very expensive women's bags. Maybe you could request otherwise, but everything is done by her students. And those students are no longer even taught by her, but by her previous graduates (a recent change, as five years ago, she was still teaching all the classes. Now she only...
Strange translation aside, that's a pretty cool blog.
Just speaking for myself, but I would definitely complain if my pants came without a seat.
That would be fun. I would subscribe if you started it.FWIW, there's a very good A&S thread already. Mostly focused on expats, but A&S work seems like it would fit well there.Could also just stick everything in the Ongoing Bespoke Projects thread. I don't know if there's enough SR talk here to keep a thread active. A number of SR customers here no longer post anymore (or at least they don't post as much).I've actually been wanting to try Edward Sexton.More on the soft...
Have you gotten anything from John Malone?
Oh right, Danny Hall. My mistake.Tempted to add a pair of trousers to the order since I've heard great things about John Malone's work.I think they have a different cutter for NYC customers though? I could be wrong.Will post, but I don't currently have plans to visit London. And they only visit San Francisco once a year. May try to meet them in NYC to expedite the order, but it'll be a while before I get my jacket.