or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

That makes sense. I rarely wear sport coats with jeans though. You think the cut would be too striking for sport coats with odd trousers?Any thoughts on the structured shoulder look with a non-flared skirt? I think if I went to Edward Sexton, I would keep the flared skirt given how he makes such a signature look. But wondering if it's a bad idea to go with non-flared for other houses.Cocktail suit actually sounds really good. Still leaning towards a sport coat given that...
Thanks for all those details, R-O-T.Don't mind the wait or the extra fittings. Kind of nice to hear they're that detailed, actually.Any reason why you wouldn't use them for tweed? Too heavy and stiff?Also, do you find the silhouette to be good for casual suits or sport coats? I rarely wear serious business suits, unfortunately.Lastly, any experience with other tailoring houses with a structured shoulder? I was looking at a few SR houses. Also thinking about Edward Sexton.
This is what I say to girls who haven't seen me since high school.
Late to the discussion, but back worsted wool sport coat is a bad idea for all the reasons you know. Andy Warhol looks good in that photo because he's Andy Warhol.Don't think chunky Airy hopsack or Fresco would be that much better. Maybe velvet could work, but it wouldn't be the kind of true-blue casual thing that I think you're going for.IMO, if you want a really casual look, you have to abandon the traditional tailored jacket. Or, if you go for a tailored jacket, you...
That looks great! Really like Kotaro's work.C&M jacket looks good. How do you like the company? I've been thinking about giving one of those more structured shoulder houses a try.
Our Western values are probably most tied to Christianity, but a lot of early Christian thinkers drew from Greek philosophy. There was a lot of diversity in Ancient Greek thinking, and one of the big battles was between Stoics and Epicureans. The first were people who thought virtue came from a focus on the soul/ mind, as well as self control over bodily pleasures. The second thought bodily pleasures were fine and good, so long as they didn't infringe on other people's...
Haven't tried any other MdO scents, but that description sounds spot on for the vanilla. It's a really well blended vanilla-tonka accord. I just wish there was more of an evolution to it.Will try the M/Mink again.Santal does have tobacco! You're right. Hadn't recognized that, but I think that's the harshness I got from it.Will have to try Wonderwood again. Agree TD is creamy and milky. I think between the two, I prefer TD, but maybe cause it feels more comforting right now...
Some things I've been wearing: Mona di Orio Les Nombres d'Ore Vanille: Picked up a bunch of vanilla scents recently and this was one of them. Sweet vanilla with a lot of things you'd expect to accompany it -- hints of tonka bean, amber, and a touch of orange. Nice, but not that interesting. Sort of feels like the basenote of some more interesting vanilla scents, but with none of the lead up. Byredo M/Mink: So awful that I ended up scrubbing it off my skin after ten...
Zip top bag would be better with tailored clothing, but the Commuter would be more versatile. If you don't already have a dressier bag, the zip top would be nice. Otherwise, the Commuter could be a good bag for both tailored clothes and casualwear.