or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

I don't know what are the newer ones, but I bought a pair about a year ago and they were really uncomfortable. The bulky sole just felt awkward.
Hi everyone. I'm ordering a pair of MTO EGs and don't like any of the suede options. Wondering if I indeed have all the brown suede swatches in front of me: Mocha Mink Mole Tobacco Nutmeg Coffee Mushroom Oyster Anyone know if I'm missing something? Edit: I guess there's also baby calf suede, but I think that's a little too soft for what I want.
I suppose it depends on what you're there for. I would find it strange if I saw a lawyer in anything less than a dark suit, but if you're attending as a defender or plaintiff, I suppose it doesn't really matter in 2016.
For courtrooms, I would stick to charcoal or navy suits. A navy sport coat could be OK, depending on your location, but a patterned jacket like the one above seems way too casual.
Article in the BoF about another designer solving the timing problem.http://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/intelligence/esteban-cortazar-tackles-timing-production
Maybe I'm being unfair to that segment of the market. There's still a ton of design creativity at places like Tom Ford/ J. Crew/ Loro Piana, etc. I guess my point is just that I'm not convinced this new model encourages risk taking in design. It seems like the old model forced creativity by default because of trend forecasting. Trends moved slower, and there was diffusion of designs because people bet on different things. But anyway, who knows -- I guess we'll see.I like...
Things obviously move in some sort of wave, otherwise trends wouldn't exist. I think it's just a matter of degree and uniformity in the market.Don't understand why decreasing risk in one area would necessarily mean taking on greater risk in another. Decreasing risk just means increasing profits, which means greater ability to invest in ways that yield in even better returns. For big fashion brands like Tom Ford and Burberry, that means serving a certain kind of customer....
I don't think the companies that can adopt this are the ones who can react to interesting pieces though. Again, they're big fashion houses with lots of store fronts; they have to move a lot more units. They'll be reacting to whatever designer pieces are just a tier "above" them (if we can think of trends as trickling down).In 2016, that means more safe, tame versions of MA-1s, not some weird, wacky take on the bomber.At least with the old model, designers have to predict...
I think it's because the companies that are likely to do this are small designers and big fashion houses. Not sure the first really matters, as they're likely to be experimental anyway. The second are companies big enough to have their own retail outlets, since (as far as I understand it) that's really the only way this runway-to-sales-floor model really works. Middle-sized companies can't pull this off very easily since they have to coordinate with a ton of stores who are...
You're supposedly restricted from reselling for a month, presumably with the threat of a ban. But even in a month's time, you could probably flip those for a profit.