or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

That thing would destroy your clothes. Steam can take all the three-dimensional shaping out of a jacket, delaminate any fusing, and cause seams to pucker. Here's an Oxxford jacket, for example, recently listed on MyHabit.
I don't get it. So it does act as a steamer, or no?Edit: Apparently it is just a giant steamer, mixed with some chemical scents.http://laundry.reviewed.com/news/hands-on-with-whirlpools-swash-clothing-restorer?utm_source=usat&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=collab
I've reported this to the appropriate authorities.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10787202/Inform-on-your-neighbour-if-he-grows-a-big-beard-says-China.html
That's cool, but when are we going to get hair styling tips from Antonio?
I think you'd be better off with a darker color, as walnut will stick out too much from navy trousers. Esp if you're also wearing a navy jacket and dark tie.IMO, light colored oxfords can be hard to wear, as they demand a light colored suit. Few men own those, so for more formal shoes, it's better to have darker colors. Light colors for shoes are better suited for more casual styles (such as loafers), and only if you have a light enough color palette in your closet to...
I've unfortunately never tried Big John jeans -- so Greg & team would know better than me -- but FWIW, having worn both sanforized and unsanforized denim, I can say that the shrinkage is not just 10% all around. (Or whatever percentage). You'll lose a lot more in length than you will in width. It's not an even shrinkage all around.I find the process fun, but can also see that some people would rather have the wear-out-the-box experience of sanforized denim.For what it's...
Yea, but they didn't care. The new shoes were thrashed (I think the kid thrashed them on purpose in the time I was "negotiating" with her parents on what to do about this situation). The parents offered to pay me $20 to cover my taxi fee, when I used a taxi to go to the Post Office to file a missing mail claim. But that's it. I ended up throwing the shoes away, but kept the belt.Apparently, her other kids were caught stealing at the local rec center the next week, so ...
Some 11 year old girl stole a pair of shoes and an alligator belt off my porch once. The only reason why I know it was her is cause I saw her walking in my neighborhood a few weeks later, wearing $500 shoes that were too big for her and an oversized alligator belt.Anyway, the alligator belt was from eBay, and I contacted the seller to see what we could do. Paypal and eBay ended up covering everything. I don't think I even had to give them a police report. They refunded my...
The term extended shoulder is really more of a continuum rather than a specific look, IMO. I think @A Y mentioned this in the A&S expat thread, but Mahon used to cut his shoulders to the outer edge of the arm, supposedly as he was trained to do so at A&S, but has since brought it in more, cause he finds the "extended shoulder" droops over time. FWIW, my NSM stuff is cut very snug against my shoulder, while my Steeds are cut a bit wider. Vox has had the opposite experience,...