or Connect

Posts by dieworkwear

I know everyone's frustrated, but I think people ought to keep in mind 1. The spreadsheet doesn't really tell us anything new, TBH. Everyone knew that there were people in July who still haven't gotten their orders. And everyone knew that ToJ has taken a lot of orders. 2. Shipments have been going out about once every month or two. Which, frankly, is actually kind of reasonable if you assume that they're back on a normal production schedule. Just because there's a year...
Charly, would it be possible to just have him stick around here for a few days and answer questions? In the past, he's kind of made one long post and just disappeared. Sometimes those posts don't really answer people's most pressing questions.I understand that, at this point, sticking around here and answering questions is going to take a lot of time, but in order to avoid some mess where people are contacting Paypal and their credit cards, I feel like he really ought to...
I mean, with a 1.5 year wait, and about 1.3 of that year being people freaking out whenever anyone said anything remotely bad about Drew, I think ToJ has had a lot of sympathy and understanding from its customers. Much more than any other affiliate, brand, or store has ever had on here.I don't think Drew is out to rip people off, like some people in this thread do. But I think he's really poorly managed these orders. And I don't think his customers can be accused of...
Try PMing Voxsartoria.
Instead of one long post, how about Drew stick around for a couple of days and reply to questions?
I'll defer to people who actually make things, so maybe it is indeed raw silk. It's worth noting, however, that stores, brands, factories, and mills don't always speak the same language. What a store or brand might call raw silk isn't necessarily what a mill would call raw silk.Also worth noting that sometimes things are just mislabeled. I can think of a few instances where labels from manufacturers said that a garment was made from X, but when I checked with the mill,...
Today has been crazy, but I'm more amazed at how adamant and defensive some of his supporters are.Compare that ToJ thread to the Ambrosi debacle over at CM. Here's whnay asking people to not laugh because he's been waiting for his pants for 6 months.http://www.styleforum.net/t/237582/ambrosi-napoli/0_20#post_4362339Note, at that point, Ambrosi's name was more or less completely discredited. And that Ambrosi is an actual, skilled tailor making bespoke garments. And that he...
I could be wrong, but I don't think that's raw silk. Raw silk is a very specific thing -- it refers to when a silk hasn't been chemically processed and split into two.When a silk worm makes its cocoon, it extrudes two filaments that are bonded together with a sticky substance known as sericin. When a mill boils those cocoons (to kill the worm and unravel the cocoon), they'll typically process the material through some chemicals in order to get rid of the sericin and get...
That looks awesome, but are you sure that's raw silk?Maybe we're talking about two different things.