or Connect

Posts by EFV

Hmm, I don't know. I posted this a few months ago, and it got quite a few "thumbs" even if the lapels are on the slim side (yeah I know, the sleeves could be 1/2 inch shorter): [[SPOILER]]
I think many of the more generously sized lapels we see now are more inspired by the wide lapels of the 30s, rather than those of the 70s. Personally, I think the 30s was one of the golden ages for menswear (alongside the sixties, although the suits of these two eras are as different as can be). If you look at Eidos for example, since we have Antonio posting here atm. Their suits have quite wide lapels, but much more balanced and elegant than the wide lapels of the 70s in...
Comparison to grammar and big societal changes is interesting. There is one flaw in that kind of reasoning though.Grammar is essential to lawmakers, governments et c, to create an un-biased exact mass of texts upon which a society shall be governed.Clothes, even CM, don't hold such weight.I'll also leave this Boyer quote here:
I've thouroughly enjoyed the discussion going on in this thread. [[SPOILER]]
odd vest today:
I'll enjoy watching this. I don't have any white shirts informal enough, nor do I have any SC's or Blazers formal enough, to pull this look off with any kind of success.
Would be funny, it atm there weren't actually a bunch of awesome, not particularly affected, stuff when I clicked that link.
well, those certainly are silly. We need a "Silly menswear trends" thread.
Not to me, my fiancée is friends with one of my exes. Granted, it's 16 years since we had a relationship. Still though, doesn't have to be an issue if you're cool with your ex.Also, much like SeaJen's ex, she's also friends with my parents.
Olof, of Swedish Manolo, via Drakes diary: