or Connect

Posts by billyb

Quote: Originally Posted by Bootcan Well they are boots,you'll never mistake Viberg boots for shoes,unless they're shoes...i think super ugly is a pair of shoes that want to be boots,or boots that want to be shoes,ugliness is a pair that doesn't know. Like say the ones below,now that's super ugly. Hmmm, I would definitely not describe my taste in boots as trendy. Maybe midwest traditional or just plain out of style, but not trendy. As far as...
CrocsRock, nice boots. Looks like a Bobcat without the pebbled leather. I went with the 8 oz. black on my Hunters instead of the 7 oz pebbled. Also, my Hunters had the 1276 Sierra soles before I had them rebuilt to the square-toe hiker last. I do miss the comfort of the foam heel sandwiched between the outsole and midsole. The 1276 is a little lighter as well. However, I do prefer the undercut logger heel on the Vibram lug sole. Half-dozen in one hand and six in the...
For my next boot, I'm debating between Viberg or Wesco for a pair of Engineers. I like the Vibergs in the attached, but I like the Wesco custom fit process...although the square-toe hiker lasted Vibergs that I posted earlier in this thread are really starting to fit very well for a non-custom fit. I'm actually coordinating between Wesco and Horween to possibly have a pair of Wesco Engineers made with a Horween leather similar to the leather in the Viberg pic...
bootcan, you are worse than me....well maybe. I made a decision to throw all my shoes out last year when my foot doc told me I was wearing too narrow of shoes and it was causing me my foot problems. Long story short, Redwings doesn't make a boot that fits...none do off the shelf. This led me to White's, Wesco, and Viberg, so I decided to give them all a try. Now I have 4 pairs of newer boots... -2 pairs of White's SDs (black and british tan) for the office -1 pair of...
Bootcan, Wesco offers a navy/blue stitch. You could get a 6" Jobmaster made with packer uppers lasted to the #9109 boss "bump" toe , black 7 oz. leather with navy stitch and you would be close...
Bootcan, I opted for the 8 oz. black leather in lieu of the standard 7 oz. pebbled black. Not sure if I would recommend that to anyone. 8 oz. leather is stout and breaks in real slowwww. I also had them rebuilt with a 100 lug soles, but the original 1276 Sierras are a more comfy ride. Gary, Thanks, I have always thought black and red go well together. I just seemed like the thing to do.
Bootcan, The sq. toe might be based on the sq. toe hiker last? I just had my Hunters rebuilt using this last because my feet flare way out on the outside of my toebox. This boot is now almost a perfect fit without being custom fit/made to measure. Now the Hunters are my designated Harley ride'in boots. BillyB
I wear a size 10 in a Viberg #45 Hunters which is similar to a Bobcat but taller. I wear a 10 1/2 in my White's semi-dress and a 10 1/2 in my Wesco Jobmasters.
I have bought and own boots from Viberg, White's, and Wesco. I was a Red Wings guy until I got older and my feet got weird...I have very "lean" feet and extremely skinny ankles, but my foot flares way out on the outside at the ball. Skechers makes some sneakers that fit perfect, so you may know what I mean. Long story short, I had to go with custom fit bootmakers. Everybody has different wants and needs so opinions on each boot brand will differ. Here's what I have...
You can pretty much get any boot in any leather option. Just call Viberg up and request a "street collection" catalogue which has detail of the available leathers. This is for their Asian market, but they are more than happy to sell direct to stateside customers. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the street collection boots are marked up for the Asian market by about $150 and you will have to pay the mark up as well I really can't blame them...small company with limited...