or Connect

Posts by Frank the sheep

English is not my native language so maybe I was a bit unclear. I have one lasted 3pc shoe tree for the MH71 and one for the DG70....I didn´t try to fit the MH71 tree into the DG70 and was surprised that it didn´t work It´s not a suede Arran pre 2010. It´s made 2013 and with grain leather.
Thank you for your answear. It´s because of this i´m surprised that the shoe fit so much bigger than the other G&G I have, I have two shoes and two boots in four different lasts and all but this one feels the same. Maybe it´s just because it´s a chukka and have stretched more.
Should all shoes in the same size have the same length? The reason I ask is because when i took out my Arran on MH71 for fall last week i tried it on i was thinking I had lots of toe space. I put them beside my Canterbury on DG70 and the Arran is much longer. Both should be UK8E, it says so on the shoe and box... I wonder if G&G made my Arran on a UK8.5 last because the fit wider and the three piece shoetree doesn´t fit tight at all. Have the same type of tree in my...
I would go for UK8 in MH71. I wear UK8 in all GG lasts and in EG 202, 82 and 64.
Baam!
Stop thinking so much about what last you want. Just order F and everything will be fine
Really nice boots! I have that model in suede and they are one of my favorites.
I wouldn´t use P2 for oxfords but definitely boots and maybe a PTB or derby brouge with double leather or rubbe sole.
I agree. Own both TG73 and MH71 but I wasn't that impressed by the S last. Since I don't like U I was hoping that S would be my thing and I really took the time to look at all last before we opened up the trunk show. This was the first time I saw Vass irl and I did like F as much as I did from all pics here, a big surprise was P2. A great last and way underrated here on SF, so much sleeker irl.I placed an order on a suede shoe on F but my next order will definitely be on P2.
The shoes from Maftei was on a level i haven´t seen before. Both me, @Swede66 and @jingevaldsson orderd a pair The trunk show was so fun and the best part was that we had a good time with the makers. All of them (Meermin, Maftei and Vass) are great people, down to earth and they really love what they do. Hopefully we acn make this a tradition.