or Connect

Posts by sweep

I have a couple made in Hong Kong shirts in an oxford weave, and the quality seems pretty average. I doubt it's made by a brand-name company. Besides, most of the brand-name companies in that price range themselves outsource their manufacturing.
Solid color, but intricate texture. Looks like a plain tie from far away, but once you get close, you see that's there a lot going on. I think that subtlety is pretty sweet.
This sounds like one of those hypothetical questions given in a job interview for a management consulting or software firm like "how many books would you have to stack to reach the moon?"
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - WTF? Sorry. Just couldn't resist
Quote: Originally Posted by startac_fan For a youth oriented shopping experience, I recommend travelling a little further down the 405 to the Irvine Spectrum, an open air mall. I don't think I'd bother with the Spectrum - it's a bland piece of suburbia. But if you're around SCP, you may want to check out The Lab, which bills itself the "Anti-Mall", and the other youth/alternative shops in the area. The area is small, but hipster-ish:...
Quote: Originally Posted by atct86 What type of shirt is that? Looks like a white one.
Anyone know if there were any deals on any fabrics this trip?
What was it about the fit of the second jacket that you didn't like?
I like 3/8 - 1/2" space, which may be considered excessive, especially with a spread collar. What I abhor is seeing any part of the shirt above the tie.
I like the Nordstrom's OTC better than the Talbott's. They only come in navy but had be had for $4 a pop at Nordstrom Rack.