or Connect

Posts by Lord Asquith

Quote: Originally Posted by housemaidsknee i do not doubt what you say sir. just stating the concerns that came to mind. do you use anything to nourish the leather occasionally? like shoe cream? I have a few pairs of Churches that I know are 28 years old and the only thing I've even done to them is rub some mink oil paste in a couple of times a year and occasionally polish them with creme(I don't like a high shine) I don't wear them anymore...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster Can't see the soles or heel, but I will guess they are Alfred Sargent. I have a pair of brogues from Peal, they are very nice quality, especially at 40% off. Did you try them on in the store? All of the Peals are worth the retail price. And stop guessing because the brand name is PEAL and whether they're made in a factory with the Peal name over the door or made according to Peal...
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmith I have an international flight from JFK on thursday, was just wondering if anyone was there recently and knows if there is anything good to pick up? i remember they have ferragamo and hermes ties, they probably aren't so much less than retail though. any other goodies?? fragrance? whisky? Nope. Besides it's not even worth having to carry the stuff since duty free shops are not always cheap. There are a...
Quote: Originally Posted by anthony811 Hi guys, I'm new here. Anyway, I saw this country singer (Easton Corbin) wearing this nice suit at the ACM Awards last week, and I think it looks really sharp. Any idea on what kind it is? It's not a suit.Looks like some ugly jacket with jeans.
Quote: Originally Posted by Icehawk +2", at least for Trafalgar and Desanto belts I have. Those are straps that have to have a buckle added. Measure a few ready made finished belts and you'll see it's the middle hole.
Quote: Originally Posted by eluther Thanks for the perspective. I guess my fear is them being too big and finding out only when I can no longer return them. Also, what kind of shoes would you say flatter slim-fitting chinos like these? If you have to wear peg leg pants then you want a very light slim elegant looking shoe so it doesn't look like a gunboat sticking out. http://www.zellishoes.com/display.asp?id=3&sra=4
Quote: Originally Posted by eluther Long time lurker -- first time poster (a tale as old as time). I just acquired these bucks from Brooks Brothers. I think they're half a size too big, though they don't move when tied. So it's not so much of a comfort thing, but I think they look a bit like clown shoes with slim chinos. However, I don't trust my own judgment. There's also a fear that the half-size down will be too small. So, styleforum, I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekS I like em. as long as you got a deal on them i think theyre fine. ID NEVER pay retail for a pair....ever. But I see them all the time for $40-$50 on sale at a local shop. not bad at all At what retail store do you see that? You see $200 shoes reduced to $40?
Quote: Originally Posted by westinghouse A size 36 belt is exactly 36 inches fom the end of the buckle to the last hole. If you buy your waist size, that's where you'll be placing the buckle; the last hole. It's to the middle hole.
Quote: Originally Posted by sstomcat Guys- I would like to confirm the sizes bfore I order over the net from UK. I have looked and see different size conversions and understand that it depends on the model and brand. I wear a regular 11.5 D so for c&J should I go for 10.5E or 11E, I read in the forum that AS runs a little short so should I go for 11E? I will be ordering lace up shoes no loafers Many thanks to all for putting up with my...