or Connect

Posts by Kwaker

to me, king monks look much better with fewer rolls ... Mac/ATLVol > DonL
^ You mean "Sportsman" bag.
I picked up this pair of Kennebunks from East Dane earlier in Spring ... they are replacing a 15-year old pair of black Roots Tuff boots.
My current Alden rotation includes the following:8.5D Grant boot (4065)8.5D JCrew PCT boot8.5D Hampton shoe (9016)8D Barrie shoe (975)The 8.5D Grant is my most snug fitting Alden (at the ball).For you, an 8E might be a good start ... but don't rule out an 8.5D.As an aside, I once owned an 8D Trubalance boot (CXL Indy) ... but a combination of the last and stretch of CXL resulted in very unsightly pinky-toe bulging.
That C width designation is most certainly for the ball of the foot and not the heel.
Here's another great deal if you're a size 9 ... Eastland MIM Belfast in Brown ... $149 (last pair). http://www.charlieandlee.com/collections/mens-mens-shoes/products/eastland-belfast-usa-kiltie-boot-in-brown
That's a fine transformation from flat burgundy to glossy caramel.
If you're not getting any blisters and your shoes are not displaying any odd creases or gapping issues (all indicative of sizing issues), then you've got the correct size for the lasts that you have.
I haven't had a pair of mocs since my undergrad years when I strolled around campus in my LLB camp and ranger mocs. I'd probably still have them if I knew back then that they could be resoled! Fast forward 20 years later and I'm back in mocs, albeit a full size larger ... I received my pairs of Rancourt for Club Monaco ranger mocs. I chose to keep the navy over the olive. Only the navy pairs came with both the leather and taslan laces ... and yes, that's how I wore...
Unbelievable ... it's as if they were built on different lasts.