or Connect

Posts by Mr. Bananagrabber

I stopped by a JCrew store yesterday and tried to stack a college discount on top of the 25% and they wouldn't let me do it. Also said the sale didn't include suits. I ended up grabbing a cashmere sweater off their website, but probably would have grabbed some other stuff with the extra 15%.
So are we going to have a hockey season to watch in less than 2 months? I feel like Bettman and the rest of the major players in the league are just big enough assholes to have another lockout. It seems like the profitable teams want the players to subsidize the Jackets/Yotes/Preds/Lightning/etc continued existence rather than agree to any real revenue sharing.
If the dark pair you are referring to is the Plain Toe Boots, unless they changed them, mine are lighter than they look in the picture. They are a darker brown color but certainly not almost black. They come pretty heavily oiled and break in nicely and lighten up a little bit.
I got a couple of mediums in the mail yesterday. They definitely fit a lot better for a size 8.5 shoe than the smalls did. Can't see them at all with my Sperry's and bucks. Barely see them peak out at the ankle with my Alden's but if they shrink up a little in the wash that will go away. Thanks Ninja.
I think the Rangers won the Nash trade, but it will all depend on how well he performs on a team with expectations. Dubinsky and Anisimov outscored Nash last year for less money. With Semin still a free agent I'd argue you are probably better off and deeper offensively signing Semin and keeping the other two than just having Nash. But who knows what Semin's deal is. Him and Torts in the same locker room would probably be quality entertainment though. With Nash traded,...
I'm a little late to this conversation, but I don't think JCrew is all that strict about stuff being final sale. If you ordered a lot of items maybe that would change, but when I got their peacoat on final sale last Winter/Spring I called in to place the order and just asked if I could bring it back if the size wasn't right and they put a note on the order for me that I could return it if needed. So if you see something on final sale but aren't 100% on it, see if they...
The NHLPA should staple Shea Weber's offer sheet to the front of the leagues initial CBA proposal and send it back to them. The owners want players to get a smaller share of revenue, 5 year contract limits and delayed free agency. Then the Flyers throw out a 14 year offer sheet with a ton of money up front. Seems a little incongruous. I think Nashville pretty much has to match to stay relevant, but I don't know if you can afford to pay a guy that much money all at once...
Got my socks in the mail yesterday to see if the small size would work for an 8.5 foot. The dark grey ones fit but were very snug, and the white ones were too small to fit. Not sure if the whites are actually a little smaller or just between the two that I tried. The white fits my girlfriend well though. I will probably grab some mediums and see if they work better.
There was some talk that the socks were a little large for smaller shoe sizes, has anyone tried the women's size ones? I'm a 8.5 shoe size, so on the lower end of the recommended men's sizes. I'm definitely interested in picking some up though, especially if you do free shipping or something like that for SF members.
I still don't really understand what Dallas is doing. They traded Ribeiro to the Caps and Ott to the Sabres which would seem to signify they are rebuilding, but then they added Derek Roy, Jagr, and Ray Whitney. The later two are ancient and on short deals, but unless there are other moves coming, it still doesn't seem like they can compete in the western conference while Jagr and Whitney are there.