or Connect

Posts by pgd3

Quote: Originally Posted by mamasboy What is the proper term for shirts with really wide pinstripes. I can't seem to find any. Like an oxford stripe?
Quote: Originally Posted by Doug11 The last 4 sets of shoes I have worn were Florsheim Comfortech and they are good for 3 mile walks - but I am getitng older and have decided to buy these better looking English shoes. "Last 4 sets" What condition are those shoes in now? Do you still wear all 4 pairs? My last 4 pairs of higher quality shoes are still in my closet being worn regularly. Think about your shoes as a baseball mitt. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pliny FWIW I think it's got its probs - e.g. complacency re: STDs. works best in context of a committed long term relationship with kids already. For a young guy it's about on a par with getting a tattoo of your GF's name on your bicep True on the STD bit, of course same argument is that any woman on birth control is the same thing. Oh sure you can go for it... On the other hand if you just wanted to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesX The item description says "Trooper 90085 Welt Construction. Made in Brown Leather with Goodyear Welt construction with VIBRAM rubber sole." I've seen a variety of different "goodyear welts" from rubber welt strip stitched to the boot in a speed stitch fashion then stitched to a bit of rubber, and a rubber sole glued on. All the way to the nice leather welt stitched down to leather midsole with a rubber...
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesX For casual boot, I would think the Suede is better. That's sort of iffy, its definately "more" casual. But that also paints it into "too" casual, where as the captoe blucher boot under a nice pair of slacks is more than wearable in a formal setting, particularly if you take a few minutes to polish it up. And then if you wear it a few weeks with out polishing it they would take on a nice amount of distressed...
Another indication is the style of invitation, and location of the reception. Small church with the local recreation hall in the middle of no where you might be over dressed if you weren't wearing jeans. If they've invited you to a country club on formal stationary and registered at some sort of exclusive botique, you're probably wearing something much more formal.
Spend 100$ on marketing materials for odd jobs. Play up the young kids trying to EARN money to go to a tournament. Willing to do hard menial labor. Then all 6 of you go to all of the jobs that call y ou looking to get things done. At the end of 1 month with 6 workers you should be able to have well over 1000$. Alternatively all get a job working as many hours as you can get at mcdonalds. Assuming 6X40hrsX4weeksX~8/hr you'll have well over 6K (depending on...
A good shoe CAN eliminate some orthotics. Exceptions - I would never eliminate an orthotic that was provided for diabetic conditions. But if what you need is heel control and arch support there are a few things that a well fit dress shoe can have. As mentioned a good fitting shoe, with an extended medial counter and a "thomas" orthopedic heel, which extends medially under the arch can go a long way towards supporting a pronated flat foot. If someone has a high...
My rule about shorts. Never for business, Never for airline travel, Never for going out in the evening. But if it is a hot sunday and I am in the yard, or at the grocery store, then I will wear a nice pair of Khaki shorts. My oddity, I do not ever use jean shorts. Only Khaki. And I rarely wear Khaki slacks.
Quote: Originally Posted by gnatty8 New Harley Davidson Blackline. Discuss. Front tire is not beefy enough for that bike. IMO. And for a factory bike, the cable routing looks hella sloppy. That bike to me should move more towards a bobber style with a beefy front end. But I am also fairly anti-harley. I think people give them a "pass" based on heritage, and not quality. Being that this website has a number of people who...