or Connect

Posts by PxC

I have one of each and what I can tell you is that the Mikkel Rude one is the best short sleeve shirt I have on every respect.It's supposedly more authentic as a skinheads shirt than most, but what I really like about it is that it's not as baggy as an american "normal" Ivy League shirt, but it's also not silly looking as some subculture oriented brands that tend to make them super tapered and, worst of all, with really small sleeves. The Mikkel Rude fits great, has cool...
I've always thought these pics looked like something made specially for a fetish magazine of some sort. Like they hired a bunch of guys who dressed skinhead and paid them some money to pose for them like this. Couldn't they be from later, late 70's maybe? I mean in the early days of the revival they looked a bit more like the originals than, say, 1981 Oi! skins.
This "Paul Wright" fella from the flickr thing I linked took them all in London I suppose. That's what it says at least.
It's actually from early 1976. It's pre-punk, as punk only came along later that year, so I suppose it wouldn't be that different from what would be going on in 74...Underneath it says:Teenagers – February 1976I took this photograph in February 1976. On the left is my sister Debbie, in the middle is her friend Janet and on the right is my friend Chris, who is dressed in freshly polished Dr Marten boots and a Ben Sherman shirt.© photo by Paul...
Would you say these mid 70's skins looked a bit like this?
Ok, here's how sad I am:The video was shot on september 4 1968.Ha!
Damn, what a coincidence!I was going to post stills of this video and ask if any of you had noticed the kids.
From what I've read, the sharpies did begin before skinheads (late 50's even), but their style changed over time and by the late 60's they probably were influenced by skinheads coming in from the UK. These mid 60's sharpies look quite different from the 70's ones, who look like a strange mix between skinheads, glam and some sort of redneck.Also, there are newspaper articles from the early 70's about sharpies where they're called skinheads, which is another evidence of the...
Speaking of it, a (probably) dumb question: were jungle greens worn with any other kind of shoes than boots?It would look weird in my opinion, but who knows...
What about the guy with the mustache at 01:34? I've seen a few pics of originals with 'taches. Specially from up north. How common was it?Also, going back a few pages, from what I understood, original Ben Shermans had no V on the sleeves. Is that right? When did they start having the V?Also, check out this shirt, it's a 1964 record by Brazil's most popular singer, Roberto Carlos:I've always liked this shirt. V on the sleeves, but no buttons.Does anyone know which brands...