or Connect

Posts by Cambel

I'd say you're fine. I think you only have to worry about the most conservative dress for, say, business, banking, finance, or law professions.
What industry?Merlot AE McAllisters would probably be fine for a lot of situations, I'd say.Yeah, walnut Strands get compliments but they can be a little bright if trying to look conservative.
Anyone have experience tailoring a double breasted jacket? Received a Corneliani double breasted blazer hand me down. Size is my size, 36R, but the thing is: shoulders are very padded and the thing is dang boxy--pretty much zero waist suppression. Would need to have the waist taken in to make it wearable for me; shoulders might be fine so long as the waist is brought in. I realize pics would probably help, but just wondering if this is something that sounds like it's in...
Proxied a pair of their duck boots for a friend (he said he liked them better than LL Bean's) and threw in an OCBD to get it over $200. Total was $223; saved about $75.
Is anyone else having trouble using the corporate discount today? I'm signed in and everything but don't see the discounts reflected in the cart. Also, the complimentary shipping on $200 isn't applying when I'm signed into my corporate membership. Does that free shipping not apply/stack to corporate members? Is this the case for everyone else? Nevermind. It all applies in the final step.
I have a CM suit. It's from several seasons ago but the CM suit in general seems to be defined by a short jacket and rather high button stance. Also slim lapels. Thom Browne inspired though maybe a bit less extreme. Also, the jackets come with working button holes so shortening the sleeves is pretty much out unless you're willing to pay the price of the suit to have them shortened.I liked my suit when I first got it--fit well, nice color, decent construction for the...
I happened to see someone wearing walnut Strands with khakis on the bus today headed towards campus. (The guy was clearly a student.) It looked okay. I mean 'okay' in the sense that it did not look particularly good or particularly bad. Better than with denim, but it still looked to me liked the shoes belonged on a different, more formal outfit. (He was wearing a sort of Barbour type jacket, OCBD, and sweater.) I think open laced wingtips would have probably looked better....
Curious about this too.I have a pair of shoes that has this same issue but were bought on clearance so I didn't have an option to return or exchange them. The same questions crossed my mind. For what it's worth, I have not noticed any problem in comfort, walk, or posture with my shoes--the soul rests flat when I'm standing in them. They have not "re-balanced" after use, though. It would be helpful to hear from someone with more shoe construction knowledge.
I have a pair of Strands. It's a great shoe. I get more compliments on it than something as plain and conservative as the Park Ave. However, I do not think they look good as a casual shoe. I have a friend who wears his with jeans and there is just something "off" about it. I don't think the Strands can be dressed down so well. (They are great dressed up, though.) Have you thought about a pair of desert boots/chukkas? That may be too obvious of a dressier upgrade but it...
Going for more fitted undershirts may do the trick. My current undershirts are admittedly not very fitted.This is very helpful and hits a lot of what is probably going on, namely gradual shrinkage over time. My non-iron shirts from BB don't have the same issues. I can button the OCBD at the neck and they pass the finger test, though I think they're too small in the shoulders. It sounds like Slim Fit may be the better option to account for shrinkage. I also find the...