or Connect

Posts by lbcgav

I bought these but they're just too slim for me. Brand new with tags. Don't be fooled by the name, I''d call these slim fit, not straight-fit. Nice pants. $40 shipped CONUS.
Salvatore Ferragamo Studio Rais Nubuck oxfords: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261271676073?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 I wore these 3 or 4 times. Size is 8.5D. Oh, by the way, I know they're not actually "oxfords" in the truest sense. If Gilt doesn't know the difference, I don't think most people buying off of eBay will know either.
Is this the one you have?http://www.amazon.com/PRO-JECT-DEBUT-MATTE-BLACK-TURNTABLE/dp/B000CDHQK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363368066&sr=8-1&keywords=pro-ject+turntableApparently the Carbon is an upgrade to the Debut III, mainly with the carbon fiber tonearm, but if you're happy with the Debut III, why not save 100 bones? Or you could spend an extra $50 and get the Rega RP1, which I've read is an upgrade to the Pro-ject Carbon.Honesty, I think your sister would be very...
I think before you go out and buy anything, you should become a member of Audiokarma and ask this same question. You could even end up buying something off of another forum member in your area. I'm sure you'll get a lot of different answers. I think you'd be happy with what you're proposing to buy, but I personally would go with something vintage. Of course, I'm a little biased in that regard. I think for $50 extra bucks, however, you'd be happier with a Musical...
Ok, I haven't been to Styleforum in a while and I think I'll sidestep the analog vs. digital discussion. Here's my setup: Receiver: Restored Sansui 8080DB DAC: Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 CDP: Cambridge Audio Azur 540D TT: Thorens TD 160 Reel to Reel: TEAC A-2300S Phono Pre-amp: Cambridge Audio 640P, modded with new OP amps, capacitors & power supply Speakers: Re-capped, & restored KLH Model 6 I really love this current setup. It sounds great and is just a lot of fun.
Anyone have any recent dealings with B. Nelson?
Sansui 6060 with KLH Model Sixes and a Pioneer PL-A35 turntable. I love the sound of the early acoustic suspension speakers.
I think this is Bois de Portugal, but it's hard to tell since the writing is barely legible. I believe "Millesime" refers to it being a parfum (or something like that). Many of the Creed scents are "Millesime".
ESL or the current state of literacy?I was wondering if anyone here has tried Eau de Cartier Concentree. I like it quite a bit, but have read some bad reviews of it on Basenotes. Is my unsophisticated nose steering me in the wrong direction? I've followed the advice of some on this site (mostly Thomas) and have liked the results (Guerlain Vetiver, Eau Sauvage, YSL Live Jazz, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Terre d'Hermes, etc.). I haven't seen anyone mention Eau de Cartier...
The creasing is the main reason I would say those are not cordovan. Also, look at the way the fibers are coming loose on the edges of the leather. The fibers of cordovan are much too tight to do that. Look at this picture of a corrected grain shoe and tell me if it does not look like the creasing on your shoes: