or Connect

Posts by toscano_adottato

That Attolini makes me seethe with impotent thriftrage j/k of course. awesome find!
I can't help but feel like the people most angered are the ones who know that their profit margin is dropping. The flippers getting mad at flippers is comical. There are a good number of people here who, like me, thrift because we want to dress like the big-timers but aren't quite there financially. If anyone is getting screwed, we are. As I've said before, I don't begrudge anyone a 500% profit but to complain that the charity thrift stores are increasing their profit too...
A Man Hing Cheong is topshelf. I've found like 8 bespoke suits from them in the DC area, all in excellent condition. Also found a WW Chan in great condition. One of the A Man and possibly the WW Chan suits are up for trade if they don't fit my brother. I'll know after T-giving. The A Man is around a 44 and the WW Chan is at least a 46.
Those are Hanovers. I have those exact shoes which I also thrifted.
Allen Edmonds Coles and Graysons both in my size in both in very very good condition...w00t. Also snagged a charcoal Hickey Freeman suit made with Loro Piana Zelander fabric. Super soft. Decent day despite the rain Forgot to mention. I almost bought my first item purely on label. It was a run of the mill blue dress shirt, not even in my size, but the tag said "Handmade in Afghanistan." Afghan couture rocks!
Picked up a very nice leather JCrew jacket today that will be good for cold saturdays out and about. Also got Karl Lagerfeld charcoal flannel pants estimated size 36x32, PRL dark green flannel pants estimated size 34x32 and Principe dark green flannel pants estimated size 34x32. All three are up for trade. PM for pics and exact measurements. I see Principe quite often, usually labeled Made in Italy. Is that a quality brand? Fabric on these pants is beautiful. I have a...
My gabardine tesseract shaped tie transcends space and time.
Where in DC did you find cashmere Kiton suits???? I've hit every store from Manassas into DC and up into the Silver Spring area and never once saw anything from Kiton. I had to go to Cleveland for that!Found a black Zegna reversible overcoat today. Pretty sure this is it. Nary a flaw or stain on it and it is, of course, just a little too short in the sleeves. Up for trade if anyone is interested. I can send measurements and pics.
I think you guys are underestimating Britches of Georgetowne stuff. The quality was always very good and they had a great reputation. The Biella suits from Britches that I have are at a minimum half-canvassed. Like I said, it isn't Brioni or anything but they are very good workhorse suits, on par I'd say with some of Brooks Brothers lower-end lines. Could just be my lack of knowledge I guess.