or Connect

Posts by Concordia

In the same building as Paris, there is Geneva, which Manton has come to prefer. Your mileage may vary. Depending on the strength of the pound, you might also consider a London maker who travels. There are some drawbacks to that, but if you find the right firm all can be tolerated.
Where in Midwest? A barn in eastern Ohio, or the Chicago Lyric? Anyway, aim it as though you were going to church or maybe a brunch or afternoon tea at a good restaurant. Nice blazer or not-so-glossy suit for him, medium to dark colors probably best (it will be dark for most of the day). Suit or sweater set for you perhaps. Plan ahead for a slightly over-heated auditorium. Unless this is a very odd opera club, there won't be a dress code as such. Look nice,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabienne Going to the last performance of Carmen this afternoon in the Midwest. My husband says he'll be wearing a black suit, what should I wear? A T-shirt saying "I didn't authorize this black suit ====>>" Otherwise, anything neat and clean. Attractive women seem to have a lot more latitude when it comes to afternoons out.
Quote: Originally Posted by sofaking9000 How does one go to med school with a social science degree? Did you complete all the Mcat pre-reqs? My mother got an MD after taking a history degree. A few summer courses at Harvard filled in the requirements that she didn't have. Other people do post-bac years at places like Bryn Mawr College.
Quote: Originally Posted by oscarthewild Just turned down an offer of 3X what I am making now. I must be insane. - "You are rich if and only if money you refuse tastes better than money you accept." Nassim Taleb
People can be assholes anywhere. There are a lot of for-profits you probably wouldn't care to work for either.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow My new loafers. Unfortunately, it seems they are a quarter of a size too small. I might have to sell them. I don't see the split toe on their website. Is that a standard model? Also, what last? Looks nicely proportioned.
I hate giving career advice, since I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Nevertheless--- It seems to me that there are two lines of reasoning that might help. One is to look forward and reason back. You want to be a [lawyer/astronaut/paleontologist, etc.]? Figure out what the pre-reqs are and get them. Or acquire the pre-reqs for the pre-reqs and keep going. The other way is to start with an inventory of current passions/skills and figure out...
Quote: Originally Posted by kellgy I think kitten would be bad because you would have to sew a few together. No whole-cuts, except for Chinese dowagers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett I think its a sign, you should make more shoes from stingray, eel, shark, iguana, chicken (yes chicken), fish (yes fish) ... ... At one time, Tony Gaziano could show you swatches of salmon hide.