or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Sadly, yes. To clarify on W&S "classic bespoke", their arrangement is that John McCabe does the cutting and fitting, and supervises the work on their Indian made suits just as he would the London product. It's just that instead of sending it to his basement or over to Soho, it gets popped off to the workroom in Chennai. But you do have the option of London make as well.
In addition to Byrne, 11 St George St houses a lot of other tailors, some of whom used to be on the Row. Steven Hitchcock is on the ground floor, and John McCabe is now part of Whitcomb and Shaftesbury on 3. W&S offers the option of getting the handwork done in India for a remarkable savings in cost, if that matters. Elsewhere, Malcolm Plews, one of the most revered practitioners, is back on his own. I also got a huge endorsement of Kathryn Sargent from someone who...
The buttons, yes. The length, yes by itself but perhaps not in context.
I see "midnight strap on" beginning a post on a leather-related thread, and it only produces a picture of a watch.
Not the Roman Caraceni, for those who are keeping score.A&S is decent example an all fronts, although the Neapolian one could look pretty great on the right guy.The Poole sort of mystifies me-- the 4x2 makes not so much sense. Still, that could also look great on the man who likes wearing it.
I wouldn't develop a firm opinion on that without a lot more research.
Cause and effect?
Trying pretty hard to look casual.
The main virtue of A&S is that they get things very nearly exactly right with no fuss. No tricks or gimmicks that are easily identifiable.Other favored sources are (at 11 St George, Hanover Sq) Denman & Goddard, Steven Hitchcock, and Whitcomb/Shaftesbury-- the last of which offers the deeply-discounted option of Indian handwork to go with McCabe's cutting in London. As much as I like Ed and his work on other people, I've pretty much drifted away from Steed. And I have...
I have tried each of the other three iGent favorites. I found that Steed tends to give me very spacious clothes-- perhaps because I am less slender than Ed. Ambrosi started by making the first pair too tight at first, but when I brought him a pair of London trousers to a fitting, he got things mostly very good. Slightly shorter rise than usual, and a rather narrow cuff, but generally OK. NsM has less of a "house style" and is willing to take more direction. From them...