or Connect

Posts by Concordia

I just placed an order from there-- we'll see how it all looks. Just when I almost get up the nerve to be disciplined and have a single bunch of navy socks, and another single brand of charcoal, something like this pops up.
That implies buying 2 pair per year in equilibrium. Or tanking up on a good rotation and then getting one good pair per year after that. [Someone better with math or with more appetite for Excel can work that part out.] Cordovans will last longer, of course. Ask the shoeshine guys at Brooks Brothers. They see lots of 20-year-old shells, not so many calf shoes.That goes to my theory that if you want to move to bespoke shoes, count on something north of $3,000/year--...
Don't forget re-soling. How often depends on how much walking you do on wet city sidewalks, but figure at least once every 500 wears. That's maybe $0.35 per wearing of Aldens, and over $2 for bespoke Cleverleys.
Shell cordovan will tolerate the bits of slop much better then fine calf. I got my first pair of black shell oxfords from Vass and will likely pick up another to rotate through suit-wearing time next winter. If you're beyond that level of garbage and find yourself wading through sidewalks that haven't actually been shoveled, Neos makes some excellent knee-high things that are very light and will fit easily over proper shoes. Good protection for shoes and trousers.
I believe that is the process of using as little lining as possible.
Anyone tried the Harrisons Regency book? It appears to be a more suave product than the Frontier, which aims to be a bit of a daily driver. But how does it compare vs. the Lesser 9/10 120s or the 11oz?
One or two spots with less complicated alternatives on Fox's site. Not that I'd discourage you from following your bliss in the LL book.Merino Brothers has good pics of most of the Lessers books. In addition to Golden Bale flannels, don't rule out the 16oz and 13oz worsteds book. There are some navy serges and hopsacks in there that will serve quite well on the blazer front.
Take the annual fee and multiply by 25 or 30. And then be rich enough on top of that not to mind that you're pissing away $150k/year on plane tickets.
The polo coat in particular. I didn't know that Alden was Orthodox-- or maybe he just has a Jewish haberdasher.