or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Frederique Constant makes some watches that are very classic but in your budget. Perhaps start with the slim-line automatic , at 40mm. Or if you want 37mm, they make one that has quartz, No second hand-- so who's gonna know?
Their new incarnation has some very nice stuff. I just got a jacket made from their 700g (21oz?) Inchnadamph pattern and I'm looking forward to seeing how it copes with the polar vortex this winter. Still, the old books looked much... older. I have 5m of a midweight 16oz pattern (not the estate weight in the photo) that will become a suit one of these days.
If it's 10 years old, it might be from the old North Highland Tweed group that Michael Alden on the London Lounge brought to everyone's attention. The colors appear to be nicer than those on the Islay Mill page.
I just took delivery on my blue herringbone, and it doesn't look too different from what was on the website. It's not totally CBD, but there isn't that much of a sheen, and it appears to be comfortably soft/flexible. More or less as you'd expect from the description.
Margin of safety. I just had to have another watch with similar specs repaired because I went snorkeling with it last winter. After replacing the gaskets.Just personal taste, not actual circumstance or any moral objection.
I do like the look of the new blue/green Milgauss. My wife once bought me a (barely) used 2-tone Submariner with blue, and while I like the look of that a lot, I find it a little too flashy to wear in those situations when a Sub is required. The MG's all-steel case would go a long way to making a less spectacular entrance. Now if only it had the same water resistance...
Wildsmith used 88, and I was able to order it directly from EG when the other channel ceased to be available.
De pents! De pents!
A lighter weight 520 has value.Also, if there were more 15oz Frecoes, in somewhat lighter greys, they would be useful. I would go for a charcoal good for business suits, as well as a mid grey that could be worn under a blazer.
There are some nice herringbones in the Harrisons Mirage collection. Not on Harrisons' website, but pix are available at Merino Brothers of Hong Kong's site.