or Connect

Posts by Concordia

Austerity brogue is more classic. Which is not to say that you'll necessarily be filing your River pair with the crushed velvet tuxedo any time soon.
Sharp move sideways-- how Laconic.
Just started funding a batch of shirting. Madras and some fancy chambray bought at clearance, off to Ascot Chang in HK. $30 each in postage, plus $110 CMT, and we're still ahead of the game.
Please. You think this is a Kiton thread?
Buy high, sell low! Just don't miss the trend.
I've had a few sweaters from Peru Unlimited over the years, blended from wool and alpaca. They're not the sturdiest or softest around, but they are well-made and good for a huge range of temperatures. Now I see that there is a premium version made from "royal baby alpaca" unblended. Has anyone seen these? Anything like cashmere? What climate is it aimed at?
Only if it dips below its 200-day average. Blow it out then but be prepared to buy it once it recovers.
If you won't wear it a lot, you could go for a flannel. Mid-grey for the daytime, navy or darker grey for evening. Chalk stripes are always good, although not usually the best for evenings. RAF blue or French blue (petrol?) worsted, maybe pick-and-pick, would add to the repertoire and be dressy but not as solemn as your other choices. Another option would be a discreet pattern like a herringbone. That has the advantage of emphasizing the diagonal aspect of the...
Has it all been sold? I've not seen it in tailors' books.
Good for those summer morning coat occasions. Ascot, perhaps?