or Connect

Posts by Concordia

I have the latter model in Antic Cordovan, P2 last, single soles. No complaints. The basic wing-tip (Budapester) works wonderfully well on their more modern lasts.
I was thinking of bid/ask spread which people forget but is usually a much bigger problem than commissions.
Or as Buffett likes to say, if you don't know who the patsy at the card table is, it's probably you.
Depends on the weight. In the lightest bracket, Finmeresco is very similar to the lightest Fresco, but more flexible and-- in trousers-- more able to hold a crease while shedding wrinkles. The 12oz stuff is more porous than Crispaire and very much more flexible than the midweight Fresco. Some actually prefer Fresco for that reason-- your tastes may vary.
There used to be Savile Row shops that would promise entire suits in one week. No big deal if you have a spot in the queue.
I see that Vanguard's ETFs are getting a lot less expensive. The S&P 500 option is 5 bp, same as the fund. It may still be different in other shops.Anyway, both flavors will indeed get you started in the right direction. But we're still largely ignorant of the risks in ETFs, and should be cautious about relying too much on them.
ETFs often have higher expense ratios than their equivalent indexed mutual funds, as well as presenting trading costs to enter and exit. You also run the risk that their derivative exposure or a short-seller's action could cause it to blow up. Not a big risk, necessarily, but if you're not needing hourly liquidity and you have time to get organized, you're usually better off in a fund.
Depends on how badly one needs fast service. I make no judgments.
For the same cost and less time, albeit a tad more inconvenience, one might fly to Hong Kong.
Shirts (CMT)?